Mercedes WIS EPC

Sitec

Adventurer
Hi all.

So, how does this work? I have found and purchased a Merc WIS EPC from Ebay, but have been sent links to an installer and some huge files that will take hours to download... I'm just after a file for my truck so I can locate parts etc. Have I got the right thing or something different. I have canned the first download in about 10 as it says it'll take 3 hours. Just seemed all a bit suss to me..

Any help suggestions would be appreciated.

VerMonsterRV

Gotta Be Nuts
Yup, it is huge. Essentially it is a virtual Windows install, including a server. It looks to be a pirated version of a full on MB shop system (it would install on a central server and individual PC connect to it). When running it is pretty computer intensive, but you will really appreciate it when you get it running (and figure it out).

Sitec

Adventurer
For my $12 au, it seems I've bought the car version... so not that useful. All I'm after at the moment is part numbers for the track rod ball joint gators and some rubber elbows and rod gators on the rear air brake pots... The local fella tells me they are no longer available! I'll keep searching.

Parts required.jpg

It’s a chore keeping with MB’s latest versions of Parts-Information. Until a couple of weeks ago the “Previous Version” existed and worked on my iPhone. Now it doesn’t exist and current version isn’t compatible with iOS. Nor does it work with old versions of Windows and old browsers. So I bought a new fancy Microsoft Surface 12”, and when remote it works using iPhone as hotspot only.
I now have 3 (!!!) obsolete laptops that contain the Star Diagnosis and WIS (service manual; also have U500NA service manual on several disks). I suppose I could try to transfer the Star system to the new laptop/pad. But all it has is one USB-C input, I will have to try serial to USB adapter and see what happens....

VerMonsterRV

Gotta Be Nuts
For my $12 au, it seems I've bought the car version... so not that useful. All I'm after at the moment is part numbers for the track rod ball joint gators and some rubber elbows and rod gators on the rear air brake pots... The local fella tells me they are no longer available! I'll keep searching.

View attachment 622916
Send me your VIN, I can try and get the part number. Probably get some aftermarket ones out of Europe.

Geo.Lander

Yup, it is huge. Essentially it is a virtual Windows install, including a server. It looks to be a pirated version of a full on MB shop system (it would install on a central server and individual PC connect to it). When running it is pretty computer intensive, but you will really appreciate it when you get it running (and figure it out).

so, if this is already pirated, why don't we just share it online with the community? If someone wants to share the datafile with me I can see what i can do about making an online version.

Sitec

Adventurer
With the little computer knowledge I have, I'm sure what I have would work, but the firewall on our work system didn't like the '7zipdownload' required to access it. I wasn't game to go further.

Sometimes VIN and chassis number are different in the first 11 digits. For example my VIN is WD7DE4CS754xxxxxx
Chassis number is WDB4052301Vxxxxxx
xxxxxx is the same for both.

Geo.Lander

that is a cool
So, I have found a useful link... I was messaging a mate in the UK and was telling him that I was trying to view Mercedes EPC files. He sent me this link. I think I managed to find what I needed straight away!

https://mercedes.7zap.com/en/eu/fg/truck/

Cool site, however i cant search on my VIN number (WDB67718315709711) I can browse around but cannot for instance see which engine variant i have of the OM 366 LA..

Anyone ideas on how to read these?

Screenshot 2020-11-06 at 10.37.04.png

Sitec

Adventurer
The first time I used it it did the same... I think it takes a while to load up initially. I have now saved the link to my truck and it seems to work each time I go to it. How long for.. Who knows. At least we can all see the basic parts list of our trucks. :)

Neil

Observer
I bought the eBay style EPC and Wis on a thumb drive for travelling with.

However, I could never get it it function properly.

Gave up in the end

Neil

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles