mercedes VIN Number

jappie

Ok
Let's say I have a VIN number of a MB Fire Truck, what now ?
I've punched the number in Google only to find basic data on the truck, any special web site I could go to ?

JP

VerMonsterRV

Gotta Be Nuts
Hey Jean Pierre, I have the EPC. If you send me the VIN I can look up what you might want to know about the truck. Or, if you want you and buy the EPC on Ebay for pretty cheap. It is an electronic download and takes a while as it is huge. Pretty sure it is a pirated version but it works. I have learned a lot from it.

jappie

Hey Jean Pierre, I have the EPC. If you send me the VIN I can look up what you might want to know about the truck. Or, if you want you and buy the EPC on Ebay for pretty cheap. It is an electronic download and takes a while as it is huge. Pretty sure it is a pirated version but it works. I have learned a lot from it.

Hi Jon,
yep I have tha EPC for the Fuso, here is the VIN : WDB67718315367909

you can send a private mess. OR jappie@videotron.ca

thanks

ps: and I was not looking for anything in particular, except diff. gear ratio etc

Joe917

Explorer
By the way, the euro VIN system for heavy trucks is different to the north american VIN. When we imported our 1993 MB917 Canadian customs "ran" our vin and declared it was a 2001 passenger car ineligible for import. We had to get a document from Daimler Germany identifying the vehicle details. Nothing is simple!
When we had to get the emissions tested Ontario data also showed it as a 2001 car, fortunately it beat the higher standard!

VerMonsterRV

Gotta Be Nuts
Rear Axle Ratio 43:10
5 speed gear box

After a quick look around the EPC this truck is setup pretty much like ours. Same axle ratio, gearbox and engine. It looks like it has a PTO also. With the larger tires we cruise at 55mph at 2300rpm. There is 1 faster axle but not sure how common they were, you can always change the ring and pinion out (parts start at about $5k). The OM366LA can be upgraded to 280hp with an injector pump/injector change (about another $5k). So far we have taken a wait and see approach on both of the upgrades. With steep hills we do slow down from 55mph, but so far not lower than 4th gear. I am sure we will slow down more with steeper inclines as we have only been on the east coast of the USA.

If you want PM me a link to the truck and I can take a look and see if anything jumps out. I have to say, so far we really like our LN2 and have no regrets (though I do wish it had an over drive gear for I95 and to get the revs down even at 55). If you decide to purchase, and I am assuming the truck is in Europe I can recommend a really good shipping agent, he was the best price and extremely good at keeping us up to date. As a matter of fact he will likely handle our shipping of new parabolic rear leaf springs.

Joe is correct with the VIN, ours comes up as a passenger car also. A bit confusing with insurance and part counters (which I have given up on in the USA).

goodspeed

Hey, friend. The VIN number is not a simple number, it can actually tell everything about your car. You just have to write it down on a special site, which you can easily find in google. Moreover, I have recently read that every number has a special meaning a symbolizes something. I remember that my vin code ends with 1212, and I have read on https://www.sunsigns.org/angel-number-1212-meaning/ that this number means optimism and stability, and I think that it's true! Maybe I'm wrong, but it must mean something!

Last edited:

Kurben

Rear Axle Ratio 43:10
5 speed gear box

After a quick look around the EPC this truck is setup pretty much like ours. Same axle ratio, gearbox and engine. It looks like it has a PTO also. With the larger tires we cruise at 55mph at 2300rpm. There is 1 faster axle but not sure how common they were, you can always change the ring and pinion out (parts start at about $5k). The OM366LA can be upgraded to 280hp with an injector pump/injector change (about another $5k). So far we have taken a wait and see approach on both of the upgrades. With steep hills we do slow down from 55mph, but so far not lower than 4th gear. I am sure we will slow down more with steeper inclines as we have only been on the east coast of the USA.

If you want PM me a link to the truck and I can take a look and see if anything jumps out. I have to say, so far we really like our LN2 and have no regrets (though I do wish it had an over drive gear for I95 and to get the revs down even at 55). If you decide to purchase, and I am assuming the truck is in Europe I can recommend a really good shipping agent, he was the best price and extremely good at keeping us up to date. As a matter of fact he will likely handle our shipping of new parabolic rear leaf springs.

Joe is correct with the VIN, ours comes up as a passenger car also. A bit confusing with insurance and part counters (which I have given up on in the USA).

VerMonsterRV

Gotta Be Nuts
Jon, could you please give me the name and phone number of your shipping agent. Thx Rolf
We used http://www.awis.us/, and Dan Ozdinec was the guy. He handled the shipping and import for what I consider a reasonable cost. Plus he kept us up to date throughout the entire process (without having to hound him). When we ship to South America I will give him a call.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles