Mercedes sprinters

I see these every where many 4 x4s > mostly they seem to be th eultimate surf van at least here in encinitas and pricey? How good are they off road? Just curious I admire the heck out of them and won't ever be rich enough to buy one But still they seem preety cool so how good are they off road? Just curious!

luthj

Engineer In Residence
Its an AWD system (low range is an option at 1.6:1) ABS activation controls slippage. Assuming the van has a decent amount of weigh in it, they do well, even when lifting a wheel. Its not a locked off road machine, but soft sand/snow, crappy roads/tracks, are fine. Its still an 7-9ft tall van which is at least 21ft long.

Regcabguy

Oil eater.
They look top heavy as hell. I'm up there a couple of days a week. Parts are crazy expensive. I don't know how far you'd get with the small tires in sand. Somebody's got money. My friend co-owns the Bob Baker Subaru dealership in Carlsbad. Customers came in daily during the height of Covid with cash.

Farfrumwork

It does well for a big ass van. Lockers would be cool, but it gets around on it's own pretty well.

Not that Engineer is a 'difficult' route, but our Sprinter did it with no drama at all. (one of many places we've taken our van around CO and WY).

Engineer pass top.jpg

mobydick 11

You should go to Down to Mob videos ,they beat the hell out of one . But it did the job . Don't think I would do that to a 150 K van

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke