Mercedes-Benz G500 4×4²

haven

Expedition Leader
Saw my first 500 4×4² on the road recently near San Francisco. It was a fire truck high visibility yellow version, looking like a real life Tonka toy. Sorry, no photo, as I was driving at the time. Only $227K, not unreasonable in this era when $250K buys an entry-level Ferrari or Mclaren. Time to buy a lottery ticket!

Here’s the link to Mercedes Benz USA’s web page for the 500 4×4²
https://www.mbusa.com/mercedes/vehicles/model/class-G/model-G550W44

You might also be amused by the story of a 500 4×4² that did a barrel roll after being hit from the side by a Toyota Prius. I imagine the Prius drove right under the side of the G-wagen
http://www.thedrive.com/news/11164/brabus-g500-4x4-flips-after-getting-t-boned-by-a-toyota-prius

Christian P.

Expedition Leader
Staff member
I saw one in Montreal at the Dorval airport of all places, in the middle of the winter covered in road salt...

:)

redthies

Renaissance Redneck
I spotted one in Vancouver last week. There are probably the highest per capita numbers of G55s and G63s anywhere in the world here. All the recent immigrants from China seem to want them (and a good portion have actually bought them). In a few years time there should be a big used G market here. All will have never seen even a single bush scratch, but have many parking lot dings!

haven

Expedition Leader

I suppose it was only a matter of time...someone bought a 500 4×4², and discovered it wouldn’t fit in the garage of his apartment in Monaco. So he cut the roof off!

The owner of this vehicle is Jon Olsson, a retired Swedish ski racer/xtreme sports enthusiast who must have rich parents. Today Olsson is a video blog star who shares every detail of his privileged existence on YouTube. He recently started a luggage company appropriately named ********************.

TheBlueBus

Busdriver
He made his money as a pro skier and owns several companies, ******************** has been around for years.
I like to watch “every detail of his privileged existence on YouTube“, meaning i like to watch his vlogs.
The vehicle is ridiculous and pretty much useless, but it's not the only vehicle on that planet that's built that way.
It needs a lot to stand out in Monaco.

Christian P.

Expedition Leader
Staff member

I suppose it was only a matter of time...someone bought a 500 4×4², and discovered it wouldn’t fit in the garage of his apartment in Monaco. So he cut the roof off!

The owner of this vehicle is Jon Olsson, a retired Swedish ski racer/xtreme sports enthusiast who must have rich parents. Today Olsson is a video blog star who shares every detail of his privileged existence on YouTube. He recently started a luggage company appropriately named ********************.

I must say it is actually quite cool, especially if you put it in the context of the European beach/safari buggy like the Citroen Mehari

Attachments

• mahari.jpg
    mahari.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 14

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94