Mercedes 1222A.. The beginning!

Iain_U1250

Explorer
We used the Ikea slatted system. It has worked great for us with the latex mattress, no mold problems in 6 years. This system is very comfortable, better than the bed we have at home. I normally leave one side up a bit when we are not using the truck, The grey thing in the bottom right corner is our hot water heater, that side of the bed is a bit warmer than the other side, so we normally sleep with our feet on that side. We have on occasion tilted the bed a bit to level it out, when we have not been able to level the truck, whilst not 100% comfortable, its a lot better than sleeping on an angle.

DSC04340.jpg,

As you can see, the matress fits into the the whole space, although there is a small air gap in the corners, but not much. We don't have any forced ventilation under the bed, but that has not been a problem so far. I was thinking of putting in a vent hole down into the hot water compartment, but so far I don't think it has been needed. Maybe the latex matress doesn absorb moisture like a foam one does.

DSC05525.jpg

Sitec

Adventurer
Good to know it works! Great second pic too! I see you have the Scirocco 2 fans as well. Do they work well?

Iain_U1250

Explorer
Good to know it works! Great second pic too! I see you have the Scirocco 2 fans as well. Do they work well?
The worked well in the begining, but we bent one of the blades on one of them, and now it vibrates a bit. I'll have to get a new one

Specky

The worked well in the begining, but we bent one of the blades on one of them, and now it vibrates a bit. I'll have to get a new one
Great thing about the Sirroco fans is they have heaps of spares online, blades are $25-$30... had to replace mine at the front of my swag after a dingo chewed it up on a hunting trip

Sitec

Adventurer
More progress over the last few weeks. We now have a shower room that just needs sealing and the tap and shower head fitting.

Final leg 48.jpg

Next up is the WC area. I have most of it lined, but still have the back wall to do as this needs to be recessed to take the washing machine.

Final leg 49.jpg

While I ponder how to build the washing machine recess, I fitted the conduit pipes (to carry wiring up to the top kitchen lockers) and insulated the walls, then made a start on the living area lining.

Final leg 50.jpg

Next up is the recess, the LH panel and fit the Maxxfan units to the WC and Shower.

Sitec

Adventurer
Time to ponder the WC no more. First in is the conduits for the power, water and drain for the washing machine...

Final leg 51.jpg

With those in, I could work on the surround, and once they were glued (following day) I could cut and fit the outer sheet. This will then have some corner cappings fitted when I do the final seal in the room.

Final leg 54.jpg

Sitec

Adventurer
Next up is to get the roof finished externally. Solar panels, and Maxxfan's! The left three panels are wired in series, and the right are also wired in series, making two 'strings'.

Final leg 55.jpg

And the view of the rear!

Final leg 56.jpg

Sitec

Adventurer
Today was spent out doing some driver training for Wifetec. Whilst out we weighed the truck for the first time. Any guesses at the weight? Bear in mind we had empty water tanks and no kitchen/living in yet, but we did have half a tank of diesel and two spare wheels...

Guess the weight.jpg

Neil

Observer
Ours was weighed a few weeks ago. It was 10200 kg with two passengers . I think this is about right for this size of truck

Neil

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles