Mercedes 1222A.. The beginning!

Sitec

Adventurer
Hi Sitec,

Good work there! I just bought a 1222 4x4, will start plan the conversion. However I just don't have skill set like you, a long way to learn I guess.

Also will have lots lots questions about the truck and camper setup, may be you can guild me through.

Welcome to the forum! Nice setup, and looks like it might even be in Australia too!! Get a thread going and post some more pics!

ErnestW

Welcome to the forum! Nice setup, and looks like it might even be in Australia too!! Get a thread going and post some more pics!
I am in Perth WA. Just got the truck back, a few gauges not working (speedo, rev, water temp and oil pressure) and indicator/wiper stick not working as well. Paddles are very heavy, maybe have to take apart and refit everything? Also don't know that the switch on the driver's floor for? It is leaking badly.

The 6 speed gear box seams really low ratio? seams like not happy to go over 60km/h? or the paddle just too heavy and sticky not giving much fuel for the engine to go faster? Rev gauge is not working really hard to tell.

I believe I gonna need some good help to get it all working properly. Any suggestions what shall I start with?

Joe917

Explorer
I am in Perth WA. Just got the truck back, a few gauges not working (speedo, rev, water temp and oil pressure) and indicator/wiper stick not working as well. Paddles are very heavy, maybe have to take apart and refit everything? Also don't know that the switch on the driver's floor for? It is leaking badly.

The 6 speed gear box seams really low ratio? seams like not happy to go over 60km/h? or the paddle just too heavy and sticky not giving much fuel for the engine to go faster? Rev gauge is not working really hard to tell.

I believe I gonna need some good help to get it all working properly. Any suggestions what shall I start with?
Sounds like you are in low range, 60 km/hr.
Floor button is engine brake/shut off.

Neil

Observer
I agree totally with some of the comments above regarding shower waste traps. They can be a pain and because they are often shallow a slight angle on the vehicle can mess them up.
We opted for shower trap that was designed to be set into a solid floor. It's made of cast alluminium and the trap part is accessed entirely from above. It takes 30 seconds to clean out. It has been perfect. I chose one with the exit side going straight down so the waster drops immediately down a pipe towards the grey tank , so the angle of the vehicle is not important.

Neil

Attachments

• P1040933_800x600.jpg
    P1040933_800x600.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 21
  • P1040957_800x600.jpg
    P1040957_800x600.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 23
  • P1050028_800x600.jpg
    P1050028_800x600.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 23

Madoxen

Hi Ernestw. Welcome to XP and looks like good truck with your work cut out. Everyone here is super helpfull and im sure u will find the help you need. But perhaps Sitec's build thread is not the right place to be asking questions on your truck. If you create your own thread with all the relevent info and pictures u will beable to keep all your info questions and answers contained within your own build log ?. I look forward to seeing your build and repairs progress and will help where i am able.

ErnestW

Sounds like you are in low range, 60 km/hr.
Floor button is engine brake/shut off.
Hi Joe. The range selector is the nob with = 0 ~ ? I assume = is high range on road, ~ is low range off road? I left mine in = and 6th gear only doing 60km/h. Unless the selector is not working...

ok, the engine brake definitely broken, badly and leaking all the time, maybe this make the engine not rev up properly, hence the low top speed?

ErnestW

I agree totally with some of the comments above regarding shower waste traps. They can be a pain and because they are often shallow a slight angle on the vehicle can mess them up.
We opted for shower trap that was designed to be set into a solid floor. It's made of cast alluminium and the trap part is accessed entirely from above. It takes 30 seconds to clean out. It has been perfect. I chose one with the exit side going straight down so the waster drops immediately down a pipe towards the grey tank , so the angle of the vehicle is not important.

Neil
Regarding the shower pan, if it is lifted, will make it easier to drain water into grey tank?

ErnestW

Hi Ernestw. Welcome to XP and looks like good truck with your work cut out. Everyone here is super helpfull and im sure u will find the help you need. But perhaps Sitec's build thread is not the right place to be asking questions on your truck. If you create your own thread with all the relevent info and pictures u will beable to keep all your info questions and answers contained within your own build log ?. I look forward to seeing your build and repairs progress and will help where i am able.
Hi Mad, you are right. I will start my own log. Sorry Sitec.

Sitec

Adventurer
It's been a very damp wet weekend here, making everything damp to touch in the workshop! Just like a UK winter!! I've lacked motivation too, but we got a little done. I've completed the internal metalwork along with the supports for the cover ab, painted it and managed to cut and site the toilet floor. This meant I could position the toilet in place and see how much room we have for the cupboard and sink. I'm still pondering where to put the Daewoo wall mount washing machine. It'll either be on the wall above the toilet (plumbing, drainage and power very close, but risks making the room cramped), or on the back wall of the rear right locker (hard to reach for Wifetec, power and water needs running to it, and drainage will be a problem)...

Second floor.jpg

Madoxen

I dont suppose the washer will be able to fit between the 2 beds in the steps with a frame around it ? . Might mean you have a hinged or removable 1st step. But should make plumbing easier

Sitec

Adventurer
I dont suppose the washer will be able to fit between the 2 beds in the steps with a frame around it ? . Might mean you have a hinged or removable 1st step. But should make plumbing easier

It'd go close... I'll get the tape measure out this eve. That space is set aside for clothes... His, hers, and used laundry, so I'll see how i go getting it past Wifetec if it fits!! :)

Madoxen

I would think it would be easier and more plentifull to find an alternate place for cloths and laudry than suitable plumable plases for the washer.

If its a washer dryer u can also use it as the storage for clean dry cloths lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz

Members online