Memorial day????

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeffryscott

2006 Rally Course Champion: Expedition Trophy
So, GT, what did you find? Very curious about that trail since you brought it up.

Hope it was fun,

Jeff

goodtimes

Expedition Poseur
I found my pick and shovel right where I left them. I also found a few parts at Lowes, which I used to build a new irrigation system for the back yard.

I was hoping for a phone call this morning from someone...*anyone*...that wanted to go play. I sent several PM's and E-mails out....but to no avail. Oh well. At least I don't have to drag the hose out and water the trees anymore.:rolleyes:

seth_js

Explorer
Well my intentions were to go wheeling, but I ended up going out Sunday night, and have managed to stay drunk pretty much since then. :p

My birthday was on Sunday, so all my buddies took me out. I'm not one for birthdays (it's just another day), but my friends like to use it as an excuse to party. :p

-Seth

BajaTaco

Swashbuckler
seth_js said:
Well my intentions were to go wheeling, but I ended up going out Sunday night, and have managed to stay drunk pretty much since then. :p

:xxrotflma Dude, it's Wednesday!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! (belated) :victory:

goodtimes

Expedition Poseur
goodtimes said:
At least I don't have to drag the hose out and water the trees anymore.

I take that back. I have to drag the hose out again.

Free to good (or bad) home: One dog. likes to dig drips systems up and eat them.

ShottsCruisers

Explorer
goodtimes said:
John Shotts backed out (wimp :p )

I am very sorry. I really wanted to go. I REALLY wanted to go.

I want to run the Southerland Trail with YOU, though we might need a couple more too in case of trouble. A couple obstacles near the end are dangerous.

By the way. Look at this map:
http://www.fs.fed.us/r3/coronado/forest/recreation/trails/trail_maps/TR_004.jpg

The trail you spoke of from the C-Gap Trail to Summerhaven is HIKING Trail #3, the start of the CDO Trail. No 4-wheeling permitted. No way to access Mt. Lemmon or Summerhave by vehicle.

The Sutherland is FR643 on the map. It too used to go to the top, though it now becomes a dedicated hiking trail about a third to a half way up this hill.

IT starts out easy though long and rocky. Then, is gets bad as you climb the hillside.

Last edited:

goodtimes

Expedition Poseur
Oh well....someday I'll get back out there. maybe.

I have 68 hours at work this week (actually no.....8 of those were holiday). Scheduled for 60 more next week. Probably 12 hour days, 6 days per week until eternity. I may not even have time to get the jeep ready for the Colorado trip. It seems my boss is determined to destroy any hope I have of ever getting time off to go 'wheeling.

How high (elevation) does Sutherland get? High enough to escape the heat?

Oh, I was just kidding about the free dog. I'm still p!$$ed at her.....but I have a cure for her drip system eating habit...tomorrow is gonna be a long day in the back yard......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles