Meet the "Hitch Hotel"

ttengineer

Adventurer
I can certainly appreciate the thought and design that went into this product. I doubt any members here will buy it though with the exception of newcomers.

I would suggest to the company to stay away from anyone looking to get off the beaten path with the hitch hotel and push hard for the “festival” crowd”. I see it fitting in nicely with the occasional glampers and EDM kids.

Anyone else though will be wildly disappointed when they crack the shell off road. The departure angle is just absolutely atrocious for any reasonable 4x4.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

whitenoise

Adventurer
I normally don’t respond to comments on websites, as there are far too many people out there that comment on things they just don't understand.

We will be providing detailed information via math, data, and videos within 2 weeks.

Still awaiting that collateral you said you'd provide within two weeks, nearly 4 weeks on.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

whitenoise

Adventurer
So nearly 2 years later, Mr. Hitch Hotel above is yet to provide any sort of data he so confidently said he would. I forgot all about it, but today this news article popped up and memories of the napkin math I did one dull day at work came flooding back:

Gear Patrol: There's No Way Camping Trailers Can Get Smaller Than This.

I can take a guess as to why we didn't hear back , but instead, I'll let the link below speak for itself. The original hitch-mounted product seems to have made way for the trailer on their website. This thing is now a trailer, which it should've been from day one - a lot safer and practical! It's borderline cool now....

Sent from my Nokia 7.1 using Tapatalk

john61ct

Adventurer
Even for tiny cars, shoulda gone with same light weight but a lifting roof, aerodynamic low and long while traveling.

Talk about a niche product, smaller than that of the Chthamalus sea urchin.

billiebob

this would be my choice,
in full production and aerodynamic to boot
and that long wheelbase will help it follow like a dream

mypod-isolated.jpg

Porkchopexpress

The original hitch-mounted product seems to have made way for the trailer on their website. This thing is now a trailer, which it should've been from day one - a lot safer and practical! It's borderline cool now....

If you go to the website, the are still marketing the hitch-mounted version. The trailer seems to be a product addition, not replacement. Also, a trailer that short with such a tall load seems unstable. I would rather buy a Harbor Freight utility trailer and mount a roof top tent.

TMOD

Interesting concept but lots of better options. 2 years ago the CEO guy claimed 5 products in R&D as well. One can only guess as to what happened with those.

billiebob

I just hate moving parts and sliders. More stuff to go wrong, fail, break plus a telescoping box will be heavier than a solid box.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles