Mechanic's take on Ford Bronco

redthies

Renaissance Redneck
So as usual then, the dealers don’t know Jack ******** about what is really going on. I wonder how they will end up pricing the hard tops? I will likely order the soft top one and see if I can swap to a hardtop before production. I may just do the factory tow package as I WILL be towing with it 100% guaranteed. I don’t want to have to splice in for lights etc on a brand new rig.

Do you know if you have a slot for a build, are you able to swap trim levels down the road? I’ve heard people have changed options to speed up production, I would assume not as it would create even more chaos than Ford has created on their own...

watrboy

Observer
So as usual then, the dealers don’t know Jack ******** about what is really going on. I wonder how they will end up pricing the hard tops? I will likely order the soft top one and see if I can swap to a hardtop before production. I may just do the factory tow package as I WILL be towing with it 100% guaranteed. I don’t want to have to splice in for lights etc on a brand new rig.

Do you know if you have a slot for a build, are you able to swap trim levels down the road? I’ve heard people have changed options to speed up production, I would assume not as it would create even more chaos than Ford has created on their own...
I went from a Black Diamond MIC to a BL with a soft top and no tow package to get mine last fall. Installed factory hitch last week and it was very easy. Looking at wiring options for brakes and lights. The factory tow pkg has 7 pin no brakes but pigtail under dash for brake controller. I don't have that.

R_Lefebvre

Expedition Leader
Most people are easily confused, and the Bronco “Sport” has as much to do with the new Bronco as the Bronco ll did with the OBS Broncos. I agree they should not have used the same name at all. Obviously they were hoping to catch some “cute-ute” buyers with the name recognition.

Yeah. But IMO, the Bronco Sport can stand on it's own, and didn't need this. In fact, I'd say that the confusion could hurt it as much as it helps it, because many people will associate some of the issues with the Bronco, onto the Bronco Sport.

My sister actually just bought a BS a couple weeks ago. I hadn't really paid much attention to it myself, but she needed a new car, and I suggested it almost as a lark. Though I new that she could use a 'ute with a decent roof rack as she does a lot of paddle sports. Turns out, it compares really favorably compared to other crossovers/utes. It unquestionably has way more character than most of the competition that are all just vanilla. Ford did a really good job on it.

plainjaneFJC

Deplorable
Hopefully it holds up. I had a Ford Escape- essentially the same vehicle- loaner for a month and the vehicle seemed really cheap to me- no way I’d own one.

85_Ranger4x4

Most people are easily confused, and the Bronco “Sport” has as much to do with the new Bronco as the Bronco ll did with the OBS Broncos.

The BII was literally a scaled down OBS Bronco minus the somewhat removable top that few people messed around with trying to remove.

Similar body on frame construction, coil spring TTB front axle, leaf spring solid rear axle etc.

I basically had to drill two holes for the motor mounts and a OBS F series/Bronco powertrain bolted into my Ranger...

Not knocking the Sport but it doesn't have near the relation to its bigger peer that the BII did.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles