Meadowcraft Rotomold Coolers

IdaSHO

IDACAMPER
Anyone get their hands on one of these coolers yet?

They seem super nice, and considerably cheaper than a Yeti

contemporary-coolers-and-ice-chests.jpg

https://bestcooler.reviews/meadowcraft-coolers-review-vs-yeti/

IdaSHO

IDACAMPER
Uh, doubt it.

More likely that the guy editing the photo for the add was a bit off the mark,
and/or the shot was taken from just a bit to one side of the chest. Notice you cannot see the same amount of handle on each side ;)

here is one from more straight on. Notice the same amount of handle shown on each side.

s-l1600.jpg

Either way, Ill have one in my hands monday. Just in time for another trip.

Nearly jumped on a Yeti, then I found these at nearly $150 less for the 45qt size

I could update with photos and such if anyone is interested.

Outside somewhere

Overland certified public figure brand ambassador
Get one quickly, the **** birds at yeti have already filed a cease and desist and stated suing them.

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
I like the pressure relief valve.

But the 45 qt is $125 more than the Ozark Trails 52 qt....
Still less than a YETI but not winning the value award.

BTW, Best Cooler didn't list Ice Brix in their reusable ice shoot-out. I love the stuff. I get chemicals at the lab and other products shipped with it.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00DE2NHIS/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Just used them for 4 days over Memorial Day Weekend and they were still stiff when we got home. No water to dump...

IdaSHO

IDACAMPER
Ive had my hands on the Ozark Trails coolers. They have them at the local wallmart

No thanks. They perform okay when put to the ice holding tests, but they are cheap units for good reason.

I was ready to drop some serious money on a Yeti before I fond these.

At less than $220 out the door ( went for the 45QT) , I feel this is a great cooler. And built just as good, or better than the Yeti, and more than $100 cheaper.

Handles are absolutely beefy, so is the hinge pin. The entire think seems quality.

A great side feature that I was hoping would pan out is the fact that is slips under the side seat of our dinette, perfectly. :ylsmoke:

Should make our 4-6 week trips that much easier for the "semi-perishables"

Some pics...
MC001.jpg

MC002.jpg

MC003.jpg

MC004.jpg

MC005.jpg

MC006.jpg

MC007.jpg

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
Ive had my hands on the Ozark Trails coolers. They have them at the local wallmart

No thanks. They perform okay when put to the ice holding tests, but they are cheap units for good reason.
Please elaborate ---- mine has performed perfectly (after parts upgrades, drain valve and bottle opener/hasp) for over a year so far. It's been bounced around thousands and thousands of miles and still looks brand new.

IdaSHO

IDACAMPER
The latches are the biggest downfall for me. And if you do some google searching, is a pretty common failure point.
My concern isnt just the rubber latch, but the fasteners and bits that the latch attach to. Poor design.
The latch points are much better off being incorporated into the lid and side.

The thickness of the plastic for the OT also seems considerably thinner, and the overall construction of the Meadowcraft (and Yeti) just feels more solid.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94