MCObray's 2002 Toyota Tacoma DC TRD

MCObray

Explorer
Loving your DC, man. You're making me want to ditch my split 3-spokes and fine a set of those 5-stars. More importantly, you're making me want to start hitting the forest roads near my place. Got the truck a few days ago but it's been parked at the airport while I'm on a work trip. Probably driven it less than an hour so far ... I'll rectify that soon!

Thanks, appreciate it! Cut out time and try to dedicate a day or two each month, if time allows, to hit the roads in your truck... its worked wonders for me.

I think the 5 spoke 4runner/tundra wheel is one of the simplest yet good looking wheels Toyota has made. I have them on my Tacoma and 84 4runner. Nice truck, man. Jealous of the great exploring spots you have up there.

Absolutely my favorite Toyota wheel, aside from the new "17 TRD Pro wheels. Thanks for stopping by.

Great pics as usual dude! Tacoma is looking great too. Love them wheels.

Thanks man, it's been treating me real good as of late!

Last edited:

MCObray

Explorer
Suspension money become DSLR money, and I must say its money well spent. I picked up a lightly used Canon 6D + 24-105L locally for a great price... quite stoked! We've been under flood watch here in PDX so I decided to cruise around and see how bad it really is.
2002 Toyota Tacoma TRD by Mason Obray, on Flickr

MCObray

Explorer
Not a whole lot to report here. I've been commuting 72 miles a day in the Tacoma, 5 days a week... I do like my seat time. I did get to hang out in a 5th Gen 4Runner for most of the weekend in Northern Washington, and boy was it nice. Definitely on the short list of vehicles to own in the near future!
Samish Overlook, WA. by Mason Obray, on Flickr

MCObray

Explorer
Phew, its been a few months since i've been on Expo... Some awesome builds going down these days! I've been quite occupied myself with switching careers, traveling, and purchasing our first home.
My wife and I decided that it was time to head overseas to gain a perspective of this world we live in, as well as experience the way of living over the pond. Our three determined locations we picked were Amsterdam, Düsseldorf, and Antwerp. The trip did not disappoint, and while I could post hundred of photos, i'll limit it to a few of my favorites:
Amsterdam, Netherlands by Mason Obray, on Flickr
Amsterdam, Netherlands by Mason Obray, on Flickr
Düsseldorf, Germany by Mason Obray, on Flickr
Düsseldorf, Germany by Mason Obray, on Flickr
Antwerp, Belgium by Mason Obray, on Flickr
Antwerp, Belgium by Mason Obray, on Flickr
The Tacoma has been treating me well and just got new factory Rotors & Brake pads as preventative maintenance. I'll be getting the coolant flushed here soon, as well as changing the oil in prep for a few upcoming trips to Central Oregon. For now, I can't get enough of this view after being confined to one bedroom apartments :).

vonguido

Adventurer
Glad to see you are still around on Expo. No longer in the watercraft industry?
The Tacoma is still looking mint.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MCObray

Explorer
Glad to see you are still around on Expo. No longer in the watercraft industry?
The Tacoma is still looking mint.

Sure thing! I'll never leave Expo... I like to think of it as an inspiration capsule. For now, I am no longer employed in the Marine Industry. I had a great opportunity to work for a manufacture, Skier's Choice whom produces Supra & Moomba Boats, which I accepted. The position as Southeast Regional Sales Manager required a relocation that I was quite stoked on as the greater Knoxville, TN area is beautiful! For relocation reasons, it ended up putting too much strain on my relationship with my Wife prior to leaving Oregon for good... Wife > Occupation. Needless to say i'm still a lil' bit bummed, but I'm in a good spot at the moment and am looking to continue to channel my energy in my new occupation.

vonguido

Adventurer
Sure thing! I'll never leave Expo... I like to think of it as an inspiration capsule. For now, I am no longer employed in the Marine Industry. I had a great opportunity to work for a manufacture, Skier's Choice whom produces Supra & Moomba Boats, which I accepted. The position as Southeast Regional Sales Manager required a relocation that I was quite stoked on as the greater Knoxville, TN area is beautiful! For relocation reasons, it ended up putting too much strain on my relationship with my Wife prior to leaving Oregon for good... Wife > Occupation. Needless to say i'm still a lil' bit bummed, but I'm in a good spot at the moment and am looking to continue to channel my energy in my new occupation.

Understandable, jobs come and go but family is key. Looking forward to some updates.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MCObray

Explorer
All is been good this summer... Spending loads of days out on the boat as well getting accustomed to homeownership. The truck had a hiccup back a few weeks, which ended up being a Misfire CE code. The spark plugs, wires, and coil boots were all replaced which took care of the issues luckily. The truck is running so much smoother and has a slight increase in power which is welcomed. The best part of it was what I thought was a slipping transmission ended up being a case of misfiring cylinder when under load at lower RPM... Winning!

In prep of my best buds Bachelor party next weekend, in Eastern Oregon, I went ahead and did a few more preventative maintenance items such as Coolant Flush with OEM Toyota Red, Oil Change, and also cleaned the MAF sensor for kicks. The truck is definitely in tip-top shape and almost feels like i'm driving a new-to-me vehicle. I'll have loads of pics as we plan on hunkering down Painted Hills, Ochoco National Forest, as well as the Cascades... Going to be a great time and really the first time this summer I'll be putting the truck to go use. For now, the obligatory poser:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles