MB Truck Exhaust Route

grizzlyj

Tea pot tester
Cloud9 is certainly a level of build to aspire to :)

I wonder if a knob below the steering wheel might be a hand throttle considering it's previous life? So maybe you pull it to raise the rpms? Or unscrew?

nick disjunkt

Adventurer
Sorry, when I said air up I meant the tyres. All four would easily take an hour from sand driving soft psi, the left rear had the exhaust outlet aiming straight at you. An attachment that actually clipped on to and stayed on the valve without me holding it would have been very welcome. Any suggestions?!?

the PCL tyre inflator is standard in UK truck tyre places. They clip on on both sides of dual tyres and last forever.

DiploStrat

Expedition Leader
Cloud9 is certainly a level of build to aspire to :)

I wonder if a knob below the steering wheel might be a hand throttle considering it's previous life? So maybe you pull it to raise the rpms? Or unscrew?

If you mean a knurled knob on the right side of the steering column, it is a hand throttle. But you have to use the foot throttle to set the speed and then you can hold it by twisting the knob. Mine was a fire truck and you might want to raise the idle to run the water pump. Might also be useful when inflating tires or using air tools.

VerMonsterRV

Gotta Be Nuts
OK, thanks guys. That makes sense. Got the box off today and the chassis looks pretty good with very light rust only in a few places. I do not think we will sandblast, have pressure washer coming tomorrow for a few hours of blasting. That and trying to figure out what I cut that has made the truck run rough.

Last edited:

Geo.Lander

Button on the floor, near your left foot? Also used as engine kill.

Great! I am currently looking for that as well, it stated so in the manual, but i wanted to be sure before killing my engine at high speed :) *Any nuances to the engine brake i should know?

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles