MB Atego 1018 A 4x4 (Ex-Bundeswehr)

part time nomad

Adventurer
I don`t have a list but when I was doing some research, I found "cold saver panels" a company uk based seemed helpfull, I dont have their number but I am sure they are on the web.
The company that I used was "Highbury Horse Boxes" based in Dagnal, Hertfordshire, UK 01442 843569 They may be able to do the box or what ever you wish?

nathane

Atkinson Vos are building boxes now and have tonnes of experience with mb general trucks as well as mogs, they sourced panels for me to self assemble, but are also building up if you need.

part time nomad

Adventurer
I think it largely it depends on how the panels are joined! The panels themselves are all constructed to a set standard,(i a vacume) and in fact, you could say that the commercial truck side is far more likely to come back to the body manufacturer than a single overlander customer if they develop a fault. Also take a look at a 12m long trailer in motion and see how much flex is involved!
couple that to the fact that these bodies are used and abused every day and night 365 days a year by people that have no consideration for them.
After 20 years they are still fine unless, they have been ruptured by an accident, of course.
I would be quite happy using a reputable truck body builder, over a claimed overland builder that may do 2 or 3 a year!

palebluewanders

Makes a lot of sense when you put it like that! And anyway I the statement about their lack of robustness was made by a company who wants you to spend €70k on one of their custom boxes. :⁠P

atego4x4

Thanks to all of you.
Unfortunately, the UK is off my radius.
Germany seems to be optimal choice.

I draw my cabin last days and will ask for an offer as soon as drawing finished.
Alluminium vs. GRP is an another story :) ....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier