MB 1120 Coming to America! Purchase, Build and Now Travel!

VerMonsterRV

Gotta Be Nuts
Thanks Andreas, still lots of work to go but it is starting to look like something. It is an RV version, the Splendide WD2100XC. As far as securing the internals, not sure but I do know is was shipped with 4 bolts on the back that need to be removed before use. My guess is they stabilize the drum and if you were planning on some rough going you could put them back in place (though this is just a guess as I have yet to remove them, just wanted to get it in place to make sure all fit.

Victorian

Approved Vendor : Total Composites
Thanks Andreas, still lots of work to go but it is starting to look like something. It is an RV version, the Splendide WD2100XC. As far as securing the internals, not sure but I do know is was shipped with 4 bolts on the back that need to be removed before use. My guess is they stabilize the drum and if you were planning on some rough going you could put them back in place (though this is just a guess as I have yet to remove them, just wanted to get it in place to make sure all fit.

One of our customers in Australia was looking for one in Europe. We met with a friend of mine, a expedition truck engineer for 30 years and got the run down on those washers. Apparently, you need to secure the drum with the transport srews before you hit the road, especially when you leave the pavement. Otherwise the internals will rattle them self to pieces. Just think about the weight of that unit when you install it! There is quite the moving mass. Saying that, I'm not familiar with your unit... they claim to be designed for mobile living.
Anyhow, please keep us posted what you find out as this is very interesting!

Joe917

Explorer
We have a Bosch apartment size washer (top loading horizontal drum). It has been in the truck at least 6 years and 100 000km. Thousands of those kms on bad washboard (funny that!). No issues.

Neil

Observer
We also have a front load washer. The transit pins insert from the back so its impossible to put them in and out between travel and use. Thousands of KM on washboard roads. No issues

Neil

VerMonsterRV

Gotta Be Nuts
We had a few days of unseasonably warm weather, perfect for the adhesive for the solid surface counter top (though we did take a couple of days off the build to enjoy the 70+ sunny weather). I still need to cut out the sink (you see it mounted under the counter top on the right) and drill the holes for the faucet and soap dispenser, but it is all bonded in place. The little bits of plywood are hot glued in place to allow the silicone that holds the backsplash on to cure. This was our first time working with solid surface, and things went well. Tomorrow I'll put the screws in that hold the stove in place. I have also ordered our 2 stage water filter which I am thinking of mounting under the sink along with the fresh water pump.

IMG_20190209_161332071_HDR.jpg

Tomorrow will also be when I finalize the shape for the water tank so I can order it on Monday. I think I will end up with a bit of an L shaped tank as I really want around 100 gallons while leaving room for the freezer, batteries and inverter/charger. We also received our "Springfield 3 Stage Pedestal" for the dinette. Seems to be a nicely made sturdy pedestal and will allow us have the option of a guest bed in the seating area.

VerMonsterRV

Gotta Be Nuts
Let us know how you like the pedestal. I have had my eye on getting one for our truck as well and am interested in your feedback.
Will do, if I forget please remind me. I plan on working on the platform (the floor is raised about 6" in the dinette area to allow more storage under the seats) that the pedestal will be mounted on over the next few days. Once that is done I will mount the pedestal. I did take it out of the box and it looked like a good piece of kit and at first glance looked well made. I got it from Go2Marine on sale, they have it for $273 now with free shipping. I really wanted a solid feeling table, I think this will work. There will be an octagon solid base in the middle below. There will be 2 doors, one on each side that lift up for access to the below floor area.

IMG_20190210_164658004.jpg

On a side note, the counter top is now finished.

IMG_20190210_164644989.jpg

VerMonsterRV

Gotta Be Nuts
We finished building (still needs varnishing) the platform for the table pedestal. I still need to build the 2 floor panels that will be hinged on each side, sort of waiting on those for when I do the flooring. The "fids" are also in place around the seating area. In the back right corner is the house battery compartment, the larger compartment closer is for the freezer. There will be another wall forward to separate the freezer from the electrical panels which will be in the face on the right side.

IMG_20190213_165508679.jpg
I ordered the water tank today from Duraweld in Florida, should be ready in a few weeks. It is 1/2" welded polypropylene in an L shape.

1.png
Tomorrow I will finish the wall between the freezer and electrical panel. Will also make the backing plates for the inverter/charger that will be mounted under the left bench on the kitchen counter wall.

Had a minor change in plan and ordered up both AC and DC Blue Seas electrical panels. Got what seemed to be a great price from Overtons. Strange, Overtons wharehouse is about a 20 minute drive way, for some strange reason the shipping is going to take Fedex SmartPost over a week to get here...

Sitec

Adventurer
Got what seemed to be a great price from Overtons. Strange, Overtons wharehouse is about a 20 minute drive way, for some strange reason the shipping is going to take Fedex SmartPost over a week to get here...

Lucky you don't live in Australia.... It'd take years to get to you!! ;)

ITTOG

Looks like a great build. I need to start at the beginning.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles