Maybe EarthRoamer used the wrong tires???

bahndo

Supporting Sponsor: Bahn Camper Works
If they utilize the full GAWR (front and rear) that will exceed GVWR- there is always some safety factor built in when axles are selected. Ideally the tires will match or at least be close to the GAWR but ultimately the rear should be weighed and compare to the load limit on the tires. Of course if most truck camper guys actually weighed their rigs they'd realize they are well beyond the GVWR and in a lot of cases the GAWR.

Sent from my SM-G715A using Tapatalk

advphotog

I just took ownership of an Earthroamer LTi which they had already weighed for me at a Cat Scale. Gross weight full of fuel was 16600. If the weight distribution is say 60% rear to 40 front that is 9960 lbs on the rear axle. Well under the tires rating. The older Earthroamer LTS was some 1500 lbs heavier due to the fiberglass shell and would be creeping closer to the MPT max once loaded for a trip. I will be trying the Goodyears at some point.

lucilius

New ER’s are equipped with goodyear g275 365/80r20 which should offer a better safety margin given the wide range of loads carried and varying owner experience and approaches to tire maintenance.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles