Maya Rally Questions (But Maybe Not Answers)

1leglance

2007 Expedition Trophy Champion, Overland Certifie
My wife and teenage son are interested in flying in and joining me closer to the end due to work/school schedules.
It would be good to have suggestions on the website on airports that will be close to the route. The sooner the better as I am sure millions of people are flying around then.

Also I am still interested in hearing about shipping options for the rigs after the rally so save the drive back and work schedules. Any research you can do on ports to get people to the west/east coast would help.

I am debating on my 1970 Suburban or some beater....I am thinking the burb as I will know/trust it more and we can sleep inside if needed.

Please remember not all of use are alcohol people so it would be great to have beverages at the party for us and things along the rally for us.

If I drive down there myself and the family fly's in I might have a passenger seat aval for anyone who wants to drive down & back with me (you could hang with me & the family when they arrive also of course).

Christian P.

Expedition Leader
Staff member
Lance

we have a point for the oldest vehicle and a class for vintage....the Suburban would be awesome!

1leglance

2007 Expedition Trophy Champion, Overland Certifie
What is the closest major shipping port city to the finish of the rally?
This is important info for those of us who might be thinking of driving down & shipping back.

Of course there is the balance between shipping cost and a mad dash drive home to consider...but also time is always a factor.

WorldRallyTeam

The Minority Racer
All right guys, here an update on what we are planning. I know many of you are getting anxious...please feel free to ask your questions/comments:

-Departure will be from your home, anytime you want...you can take any road you want, bring as many people as you can fit, drive alone or in a convoy! it's all up to you
-We will have stickers to put on your vehicle (optional) and possibly a license plate too - vintage style.
-We will have a participant package given to you that will include the final details and goodies.
-The scavenger lists will be release to you right before you leave. In order to avoid cheating (not that anyone would do that...) we will have multiple lists (3) depending on your departure date (Nov 30th, Dec 7th, Dec 14th).
-We will have an optional pre-party/gathering around Dec 14th, most likely around Guanuajuato/San Miguel.
-We will also have a few optional activities that will help gathering points.
-Most of the events/activities for the rally will happen between Guanuajuato and Guatemala.
-The rally is open to everyone, with any vehicle. There will also be a special class for "human-powered" transportation (bus, boat, train....)
-That said, there will also be special points to achieve things related to your specific vehicle class (2Wd, motorcycle, 4wd)
-NoLimitX is working on a killer location for the final party. The place will be open for a few days, so people can arrive earlier.
-To account for the fact that we don't have all the details yet but people needs to make plan, we have a fee structure that increase depending when you register. The earlier the cheaper...but unlike Burning Man, we should not be sold out...

:)

We are all super excited, but please understand that not all the details will be ready right now.
Details will trickle over the next weeks (and even months) as we finalized everything.

But regardless, you can be guaranteed a good time and lifetime memories!!!

Christian,

We contacted you via your wesbite, but is it safe to say that the event starts on Dec 14?

Are you talking about San Miguel de Allende, GTO or colonial Guanajuato, GTO?

We have to plan well since we will be flying in from Norway and California, our rig will be shipped to GTO and then back from Tuxtla, GTZ via Laredo, Texas.
Bongo_Magic_Time_Machine.jpg

Last edited:

Christian P.

Expedition Leader
Staff member
Ponce

I just sent you an email back - will be awesome to have you in the rally!

Christian,

We contacted you via your wesbite, but is it safe to say that the event starts on Dec 14?

Are you talking about San Miguel de Allende, GTO or colonial Guanajuato, GTO?

We have to plan well since we will be flying in from Norway and California, and then driving down to GTO via Laredo, Texas.
Bongo_Magic_Time_Machine.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior