Maxtrax

camodog

Adventurer
We will go get stuck on purpose just to use the maxtrax. I cant even count how many times i have used them. Its also important to know how to use them, and how they work with your 4wd system etc.
We got high centered and all 4 wheels were spinning, not even maxtrax could help us, doesnt mean they arent worth it, just know which tool to use for which job.

umpqua

Observer
Bought mine a couple of weeks ago and used them within the first week.....on a stuck 4runner. They spun their wheels and burnt 5-6 of the "nubs." I know if says not to spin the wheels but invariably it seems like this is going to happen. No offer of reimbursement from the stuck guy but If you get these you might as well get the repair kit at the same time as you will likely need it. The steel repair nubs cost something like $4 each so this is the gift that keeps on giving. Expensive to start with and expensive to maintain.....sure seems like there could be a more durable design. Glad I have mine though.....

java

Expedition Leader
Yep nubs will wear off. Nature of the beast. I have used mine a fair bit in the snow, they really need to be under the tire as much as possible or the tire wont grab.

Love them.

Ray_G

Explorer
Bought mine a couple of weeks ago and used them within the first week.....on a stuck 4runner. They spun their wheels and burnt 5-6 of the "nubs." I know if says not to spin the wheels but invariably it seems like this is going to happen. No offer of reimbursement from the stuck guy but If you get these you might as well get the repair kit at the same time as you will likely need it. The steel repair nubs cost something like $4 each so this is the gift that keeps on giving. Expensive to start with and expensive to maintain.....sure seems like there could be a more durable design. Glad I have mine though.....

Having used the ever living hell out of Maxtrax, including deliberate abuse the same time we were doing side by side tests with inferior products, we hit a point where we'd taken enough nubbins off that replacing some was worthwhile. 1/4" bolts (3/4" long, I think)...buy by the point at Tractor Supply with lock nuts seem to work rather well at a nice price point. Even the Unimog didn't seem to phase them much.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles