Maxtrax vs TRED vs Tracmats vs X-Trax vs X-Jack

Ducky's Dad

Explorer
How well or durable would the Maxtrax be with a heavy rig? Would it be better to use sand ladders?
Might depend on how you define "heavy." There are a lot of videos (YouTube) that show MaxTrax being used to recover large military trucks in sand. I have MaxTrax and aluminum sand ladders, and I prefer the MaxTrax. My stucks tend to be in sand and loose silty soil and the MaxTrax have worked for me. My primary truck is a Dodge that is well over 8,000 pounds when loaded for a trip. I'm planning to get another pair of MaxTrax to carry in the Tundra.

StreetsofCompton

Adventurer
Update. I placed an order for a set of the Maxsa Innovations Escaper Buddy. At a cost of $140, on Amazon with Prime shipping, I simply couldn't turn it down. I know the big argument for recovery gear, is "you wont know that you needed it until you need it" or something along those lines. Perhaps its true that Maxtrax really are all they are cracked up to be. But for 1/2 the price, it was worth it to me to take a gamble. I'll update this thread once I get them, and then anytime thereafter with good or bad reports on performance/longevity etc.

ExploringNH

Explorer
This is generally what I see with TRED. My MaxTrax have been going strong 2 years and dozens of uses in all types of conditions. I would estimate that nearly 300 vehicles have passed over my set of MaxTrax. One event alone saw 30 vehicles over them through a tough ice section. They made some bad noises as they kicked around in the ice but they didn't break.

TRED.jpg

daveh

Adventurer
TRED Pro should be out sometime in the spring. Waiting to see a comparison vs Maxtrax.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

StreetsofCompton

Adventurer
So the Maxsa Escaper Buddy(#20333) showed up a couple days ago. Just got the chance to take some pics. Probably won't have a chance to actually is them until, possibly this Friday at the earliest. As I said in a previous post, I'll update as I get experience with them. Seem to be of a quality build, admittedly haven't had any hands on time with other brands. Heavier than I imagined them to be. Sorry the last picture is vertical vs horizontal.
20160229_192058.jpg
20160229_192117.jpg
20160229_192414_001.jpg

wreckdiver1321

Overlander
So the Maxsa Escaper Buddy(#20333) showed up a couple days ago. Just got the chance to take some pics. Probably won't have a chance to actually is them until, possibly this Friday at the earliest. As I said in a previous post, I'll update as I get experience with them. Seem to be of a quality build, admittedly haven't had any hands on time with other brands. Heavier than I imagined them to be. Sorry the last picture is vertical vs horizontal.

They look nice. How tall is the set when they're stacked?

StreetsofCompton

Adventurer
Hey Wreck, looks like they measure in right at 4" when stacked.

Jacoby, nice to see another GA member. I was unaware they offered them in a color other than Baywatch orange. But perhaps your post was inferring that. Might try to just spray mine with some black paint. Doesn't look like I'm going tomorrow after all. So I'm not sure when I'll actually get to use them, but I'll see if I can't rig up a test of some kind.

SurferJacoby

日本車???最高
Hey Wreck, looks like they measure in right at 4" when stacked.

Jacoby, nice to see another GA member. I was unaware they offered them in a color other than Baywatch orange. But perhaps your post was inferring that. Might try to just spray mine with some black paint. Doesn't look like I'm going tomorrow after all. So I'm not sure when I'll actually get to use them, but I'll see if I can't rig up a test of some kind.

Streets, likewise! Take a look at Sierra Expedition and Alpha Expedition. Both seem to carry multiple colors. I like the orange but would definitely appreciate the more discreet look of black...or OD Green;)

Silmarillion

Observer
Streets, likewise! Take a look at Sierra Expedition and Alpha Expedition. Both seem to carry multiple colors. I like the orange but would definitely appreciate the more discreet look of black...or OD Green;)

I somehow missed that Mike/SoC got the same trax! Looks like I'll be able to report back sooner on their usefulness/durability hah

We should get together at Your Pie Perimeter sometime to talk Rovers - I've got a good bud that comes in a bunch and has a great looking LR3 too. Perimeter/Dunwoody area.

StreetsofCompton

Adventurer
Hey Sim,

Yeah man, a Rover meet up at Your Pie sounds good. I've been wanting to get to a Solaros meet up at The Counter in Roswell. Looks like tomorrow night I'll finally be able to make it. Hell, maybe a LR night at your place?

Looking forward to your experience with the Maxsa's.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier