Maxtrax UV resistance

craig333

Expedition Leader
I've been unable to get a reply from maxtrax nor have any of the dealers replied. Anyone have any idea of how they last exposed to sun? I'd like to keep them more or less permanently mounted on the roof.
I'm wondering if I should make some kind of cover. Kind of expensive to wind up having them deteriorate.

FlyNdrive

Adventurer
Craig,

I haven't gotten any inquiries, but those go to the Australia office and not directly to me. MAXTRAX are made of a nylon that is a UV stable product and have something (hate to use something, but don't know the name) to add to this. With that color may fade a bit on the board thats kept on top, however won't affect the integrity of the material. Brad in Australia has had MAXTRAX boards on his roof rack from the beginning and swapped to the MK 2's 2 years ago and they are holding strong. Aussies keep them on their roofs for extended periods of time and we haven't gotten a return based on material failure and I keep 2 sets on my roof rack as well and haven't even noticed a color change here in Vegas.

I hope this helps.

-Ben

TRED4x4

Hi there Craig, not sure if you have seen the TRED range of recovery and traction products as yet? They come in a range of colours, are 100% Australian made, and contain a high quality UV package in the engineered Polyolyfin material. We have been using this high quality UV package across our entire product range for over 8 years. Let me know if you need more info regarding the TRED range.

I Leak Oil

Expedition Leader
Hi there Craig, not sure if you have seen the TRED range of recovery and traction products as yet? They come in a range of colours, are 100% Australian made, and contain a high quality UV package in the engineered Polyolyfin material. We have been using this high quality UV package across our entire product range for over 8 years. Let me know if you need more info regarding the TRED range.

There are vendors and sponsors who spend good money to help support this site. If you want to pimp your stuff why don't you pony up and do the same?

As far as the UV issue goes, it can't hurt to keep any plastic out of the sun if you can help it.

Stumpalump

Expedition Leader

Welcome to ExPo!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles