MAXTRAX roof rack mount

Allof75

Pathfinder
I definitely want to purchase some MAXTRAX traction aides in the new future, but my issue is I'm not sure exactly how to mount them to my factory Nissan Rack. I'd like to find a simple and easy way to mount them beside my "half-rack" as I call it.

I'm wondering if I could drill some holes in the crossbars and use the MAXTRAX pin mount (Seen Here) Or just rig up some more rudimentary (and cheap) approach to fasten them in place, preferably locking.

Here's my Rack

Side
attachment.php

And Half-Rack, but you can see the crossbars better here
attachment.php

Any and all suggestions are greatly appreciated!
Thanks!

matthewp

Combat Truck Monkey
My rudimentary (and cheap) set-up!

All available from your local Big-box hardware store. The white sections are teflon spacers also found in the same hardware isle. I'm not sure I necessarily saved a whole bunch of money though. For what the factory mount set gives you, it seems like a pretty good deal in hindsight.

Allof75

Pathfinder
All available from your local Big-box hardware store. The white sections are teflon spacers also found in the same hardware isle. I'm not sure I necessarily saved a whole bunch of money though. For what the factory mount set gives you, it seems like a pretty good deal in hindsight.

That's roughly what I'm looking for, what parts were involved?

matthewp

Combat Truck Monkey
That's roughly what I'm looking for, what parts were involved?

I used a 6" X 3/8" DIA length of coarse threaded steel (In other words, a bolt with no head) so I could get it through the rack without having to remove the rack, 2 nuts (one a locknut to limit it falling off the rack), 3 flat washers (one right under the bottom MaxTrax, one under the top MaxTrax, and one above the top teflon spacer), 2 teflon spacers (1/2" thickness each but you don't necessarily need those), one lock-washer and one wing-nut on the top.

For overall height, I recommend 3 1/2" to 4" of thread above the mounting surface. I can't exactly remember the cost but I'm not sure I saved that much compared to the factory mounts, I recommend you price it out yourself.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles