Maxtrax mounting ideas on JKU

krick3tt

Adventurer
Worrying about theft is a major concern for much of the items attached to the outside of vehicle, inside not so much. Does the item have to be attached to the vehicle 24/7, maybe not, Just for the trip, maybe? I have high lift (locked) and sand ladders always attached but have thought about the off season, not having the stuff on the vehicle.
I have a roof rack but many have soft tops that make that not an option. There are so many choices about where to mount something. It is good that there are those that share their ideas here.

jscherb

Expedition Leader
It's worth considering vacuum mounts. I've been experimenting with 5" and 3" diameter suction mounts - the smaller 3" mounts have a rated holding capacity of 55 lbs. each.

3and5InchMounts.jpg

I've tested both sizes with this folding table with MOLLE mount and they hold just fine.

VacuumTable1.jpg

SeaSucker, one of the manufacturers of vacuum mounts, sells ready-to-use mounts for bicycles, Rotopax containers and more, all designed to be used while the vehicle is in motion. Holding lightweight things like Maxtrax with vacuum mounts wouldn't be difficult. https://www.seasucker.com/

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles