MAXTRAX MKII - The Ultimate Traction & Recovery Device

MAXTRAX

Supporting Sponsor
TOTAL CHAOS Fabrication cruising around FJ Summit. Look at all of those MAXTRAX!

42563867845_f7607b936e_b.jpg

28691187437_602cd9f30a_b.jpg

29708179718_803474500b_b.jpg

42673582085_ccdbf0c3e2_b.jpg

42860952044_ccc800582b_b.jpg

BritKLR

Kapitis Indagatoris
Do you have the mounting rails that mount to the side of a rig/camper in the US yet? Similiar to the ones mounted on the side of the Tacoma in the first photo? Thanks!

BritKLR

Kapitis Indagatoris
Thank you! That helps a great deal. I'll check them out. This is what I fabbed up for our Tiger. They work well, but I still need to use the ladder and looking at the side mounts. Much appreciated.IMG_2334.JPGIMG_2335.JPG

waveslider

Outdoorsman
Maxtrax,

I see the pic of the "mini" version above. Do you have any plans for building a "maxi" version? I thought I saw something a couple years ago about a mock-up of a slightly larger version.

I am intimately familiar with the MKII for use with our pickups and the SMB van. But I'm wondering how they are going to work with a full-size expedition vehicle.

As much as I've tried, I can't seem to find any evidence/reviews of use with larger vehicles. Lord knows they aren't going to break, I've tried that. But wondering about tires in the 425/65R22.5 range...... Any suggestions?

Thanks

MAXTRAX

Supporting Sponsor
Maxtrax,

I see the pic of the "mini" version above. Do you have any plans for building a "maxi" version? I thought I saw something a couple years ago about a mock-up of a slightly larger version.

I am intimately familiar with the MKII for use with our pickups and the SMB van. But I'm wondering how they are going to work with a full-size expedition vehicle.

As much as I've tried, I can't seem to find any evidence/reviews of use with larger vehicles. Lord knows they aren't going to break, I've tried that. But wondering about tires in the 425/65R22.5 range...... Any suggestions?

Thanks

No plans to build a larger version of the MKII. We will have an extreme model for really heavy duty applications.

MAXTRAX are designed and warranted for standard 4×4 and light-trucks around 3500kg or 7750lbs. However we know of a few customers who have used them successfully in sand on expedition trucks (Unimogs, Hinos and Fusos) weighing in excess of 6000kg and even the occasional semi-trailer and garbage truck without damage. What kind of vehicle are you talking about? :)

MAXTRAX
https://us.maxtrax.com.au

waveslider

Outdoorsman
Indeed. I am curious about the extreme and looking forward to the info. I'm desperately trying to stay away from Marsden Mats as I've never found them particularly effective for our typical use but alas, that may be in our future....

I'm wondering if you've considered linking SxS instead of front to back? Might be an interesting concept for a wider footprint.

fwcer

Luv my Maxtrax! Eleven days ago I used them 2 help a guy get unstuck at South Jetty in Florence, OR. In the process, I got stuck myself, so Maxtrax came 2 the rescue twice in one day.

MAXTRAX

Supporting Sponsor
Indeed. I am curious about the extreme and looking forward to the info. I'm desperately trying to stay away from Marsden Mats as I've never found them particularly effective for our typical use but alas, that may be in our future....

I'm wondering if you've considered linking SxS instead of front to back? Might be an interesting concept for a wider footprint.

That is an interesting idea - we haven't really had the need to link to boards side by side. There would be a small gap in the middle where there aren't any lugs. Besides that it should work great!

MAXTRAX
https://us.maxtrax.com.au

waveslider

Outdoorsman
That is an interesting idea - we haven't really had the need to link to boards side by side. There would be a small gap in the middle where there aren't any lugs. Besides that it should work great!

I'm not convinced the idea has merit, it was just a thought.

The reality is, although they exceed the boundaries of your warranty per se, my experience with my maxtrax have been such that even with a vehicle that size, they stand a good chance of helping get out of a bog or sandy scenario better than a Marsden mat or other home-brew solution. I've abused my maxtrax in ways I'm certain weren't contemplated around the design table.... It would just be great if they were a smidge bigger for the new big-rig.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles