Maxtrax group buy?

I got in on the buy, this will be set #2 of maxtrax for me. Haven't seen any new info since the order on the 16th, and the last post from maxtrax here on the 18th. Just wondering on potential time frame.

forty2

Adventurer
I got in on the buy, this will be set #2 of maxtrax for me. Haven't seen any new info since the order on the 16th, and the last post from maxtrax here on the 18th. Just wondering on potential time frame.

They said they are shipping in order of orders received. I'm pretty sure I was among the first few, saw the post two minutes after it went live and had my order complete within two minutes of that. First thing I heard from Maxtrax was this morning when I got shipping notification.

WOODY2

Adventurer
Yep Thanks. As with many forum sales,group buys, time is of the essence. I would offer some cheese to those that brought their own whine. Do you really think badmouthing a vendor will garner a better deal or respect? I'd offer an appology if I were you.

They said they are shipping in order of orders received. I'm pretty sure I was among the first few, saw the post two minutes after it went live and had my order complete within two minutes of that. First thing I heard from Maxtrax was this morning when I got shipping notification.

I get that, and so was I. Just wondering since it had been 6 days since the order, minus 2 for the weekend, and one for the offer being late in the evening. So 3 days, going on 4, they said in another post, that it was about 72 hours (3 days). Just thought I'd inqure.

Yep Thanks. As with many forum sales,group buys, time is of the essence. I would offer some cheese to those that brought their own whine. Do you really think badmouthing a vendor will garner a better deal or respect? I'd offer an appology if I were you.

Did I miss something? Who owes the vendor an apology, and for what?

Last edited:

WOODY2

Adventurer
There was a post about this GB being handled poorly on page 21. There was a feeble "Sorry" offered up (which I took to be not unlike the one you get in a fast food restaurant when you bring it to their attention they screwed up your order) then the parting cheap shot finished the post. I just found it sour grapes when someone goes out of their way to do something nice for anyone to whine about it. If I'm wrong, I'm SORRY

dstock

Explorer
There was a post about this GB being handled poorly on page 21. There was a feeble "Sorry" offered up (which I took to be not unlike the one you get in a fast food restaurant when you bring it to their attention they screwed up your order) then the parting cheap shot finished the post. I just found it sour grapes when someone goes out of their way to do something nice for anyone to whine about it. If I'm wrong, I'm SORRY

Geez, talk about whining....

Not sure if you are referring to my post, but the lack of notice of the group buy after a 6 month thread was handled poorly compared to other group buys on this forum.

Am I mad at the vendor and will never purchase another Maxtrax product?? No, of course not, just a little more advanced notice next group buy is just a suggestion.

Hey Woody2... SORRY! :sombrero:

Last edited:

PA Slammer

Observer
Yeah, honestly guys, the offer was incredibly generous...

However, I think a first post, first serve would've been a nice gesture... maybe???

Dunno? Oh, well. Still need a set or two in brown for my rig.

8f5f94bc3e0f33040f8e2cde84cd695d.jpg

Thanks again though for the discount gesture. It's what keeps customers. In reality, it isn't much, but it does feel good to save a bit here and there. I just retired from the military after 28 years and I always try and go out of my way to say thanks to companies that offer up military discounts. Hang in there guys, hopefully there will be another discount offered up as soon as orders slow down. Great that the company is doing so well, that they can't keep up with demand! Wow!

I hate titles...

I Leak Oil

Expedition Leader
That makes no sense!? It smells of artificially-set high demand.

I've mentioned this before too. Not sure if it's a technical issue or a capacity issue or a lack of willingness to invest issue but it's a poor business model in the long run. The cost and the lack of availability just pushes potential customers to look elsewhere. I hope they get it figured out as it is a good product. That does the consumer no good if they can't get it though.

MAXTRAX

Supporting Sponsor
Orders are shipping in the order they were received, we are about half-way through everything at the moment. Some colors are backordered per the group buy terms, but we are expecting them from Australia by the end of the week (customs randomly decided to search our shipment and hold it a few days).

Some customers who ordered colors have already received a shipment confirmation.

MattScott

Approved Vendor
Geez, talk about whining....

Not sure if you are referring to my post, but the lack of notice of the group buy after a 6 month thread was handled poorly compared to other group buys on this forum.

Am I mad at the vendor and will never purchase another Maxtrax product?? No, of course not, just a little more advanced notice next group buy is just a suggestion.

Hey Woody2... SORRY! :sombrero:

We didn't start this group buy thread.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz