Maxtrax group buy?

I Leak Oil

Expedition Leader
There was also nothing about being guaranteed a set. You can always set up a group buy in a way that meets you're expectations.

I Leak Oil

Expedition Leader
I was also looking forward to this group buy. Leaving the rest of us hanging like that was not cool. There should have been some sort of notification a few days before so that we at least had a fighting chance to be one of the first 50. Guess I'll be take my business somewhere else.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

This is funny. You just joined and this was you're first post. You must have been on the invisible group buy list.

fjrohrs

Adventurer
Wanted to take the opportunity to say thank you Matt. Looking forward to using them.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

MAXTRAX

Supporting Sponsor
I quickly ordered these without reading the GB thoroughly. So when will these ship?

Per the conditions of the group buy, they're shipping in the order we received them, though shipping times are increased to 72 business hours. We are shipping full price orders each day first. We have already started shipping some orders.

MAXTRAX

Supporting Sponsor
Wanted to take the opportunity to say thank you Matt. Looking forward to using them.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Thanks! I'm probably going to get yelled at by the boss for the discount, but I have to look after my Expo peeps!

I really wish this wouldn't have sold out so fast, the intention was to have it open for a week...but I can only discount so many sets as there is a HUGE demand for MAXTRAX right now and I can't get them in fast enough.

MAXTRAX

Supporting Sponsor
This thread started out as a "hey is anyone doing a group buy?" The manufacturer or reps didn't start it. Matt was gracious enough to work it as is so keep that in mind.

^ Truth. We did not start this, but we tried to look after everyone the best we could.

MAXTRAX

Supporting Sponsor
For those that missed out, I'm extending a $10 coupon to be used at us.maxtrax.com.au

The code is "SorryYouMissedOut"

It's valid until the group buy was supposed to end on 3/23. Please note shipping time has increased to 72 business hours.

...If anyone complains about it not being enough of a discount, I'll will pull it.

HercDriver

Adventurer
Thanks! I'm probably going to get yelled at by the boss for the discount, but I have to look after my Expo peeps!

I really wish this wouldn't have sold out so fast, the intention was to have it open for a week...but I can only discount so many sets as there is a HUGE demand for MAXTRAX right now and I can't get them in fast enough.

LOL Yelled at? I don't know what business owner will be mad at selling 50 "units" (100 actually as there are two in a pack) in less than 12ish hours still at a price where Im positive there is a lot of profit. Thats why you're in business. TO MAKE MONEY. Were happy to buy products (that work) at reasonable prices and support businesses who take care of and promote innovation in the overland industry. Clearly you have a hot product. Ride that wave until it dries up.

BTW can't wait for mine to arrive! Can I say Im really excited about the spiney lizard sticker?! Or is it a bearded dragon?

chmura

Adventurer
As I'm waiting for my Maxtrax to come in, what do people use to mount their Maxtrax to the spare tire in the back of the vehicle? I want a permanent secure solution. I see on the Maxtrax site they have some tie downs specifically for this, but what does everyone use?

Chris Boyd

Explorer
Two answers here:

1) the mount they sell is what most people I've seen using it do. (For the spare anyway)
2) for other than the spare, I came up with my own mount using their mounting pins. See below for pic.

That said I'm going to 1) above (thanks to this group buy) now that I added two more maxtrax on my original two. I have plans for something else on the current mount position.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1458319925.614979.jpg

dwheigher

Thank you for getting this together. I am sure there were more than just me who were leaning toward the cheaper options before this group buy was announced. It is nice to get the good stuff. Really appreciate the discount.

MAXTRAX

Supporting Sponsor
LOL Yelled at? I don't know what business owner will be mad at selling 50 "units" (100 actually as there are two in a pack) in less than 12ish hours still at a price where Im positive there is a lot of profit. Thats why you're in business. TO MAKE MONEY. Were happy to buy products (that work) at reasonable prices and support businesses who take care of and promote innovation in the overland industry. Clearly you have a hot product. Ride that wave until it dries up.

BTW can't wait for mine to arrive! Can I say Im really excited about the spiney lizard sticker?! Or is it a bearded dragon?

I hear you, but I'm going to be backordered because of this group buy and loose sales at full price, so that's where I'm coming from. I can only get so many.

I can't wait for you to get product in hand! We are shipping as fast as we can.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier