Maximize Your Dashboard Space with this Custom Installation of the MicroMobile MXT275

MidlandUSA

Supporting Sponsor
Step-1-1-700x394.jpg
We caught up with our overlanding friend, Taco Pro Matt, about his custom installation of his new MicroMobile MXT275. He shared his step-by-step instructions for his custom install including a gain antenna and in-dash plug in for the mic.

READ ARTICLE HERE

prerunner1982

Adventurer
What is a "UHF switch blank?" That looks like it's just an RJ-45 jack.

Yeah I haven't heard it called that before but the link at the bottom of the article is for the product seller and they call it a UHF/RJ45 Switch blank.
I believe it may be because in Australia their CB radios are UHF with RJ45 jacks so this is a common install technique.

jwhutch

Observer
Don’t have any experience with GMRS. But an amateur radio rig like this would be helpful in my Jeep. It’s tight trying to mount a 2 meter radio in a TJ

MidlandUSA

Supporting Sponsor
Don’t have any experience with GMRS. But an amateur radio rig like this would be helpful in my Jeep. It’s tight trying to mount a 2 meter radio in a TJ
Jim, GMRS is as simple as it comes. There are channels 1-7 and 15-22, simply turn to the channel you want to communicate on and start transmitting. Additionally, the MicroMobiles are compatible with all FRS/GMRS walkie talkies which are pretty much any walkie talkie you would find in a sporting goods store or big box retailer like Walmart. GMRS is the happy medium between CB and HAM. GMRS allows up to 50 watts of power. The MXT275 is a 15 watt radio, pair with the MXTA11 6db antenna and you can get more than enough range for a typical overlanding expedition. The MXT275 is also repeater capable and features NOAA weather alerts.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94