Mastercraft Seats

BajaTaco

Swashbuckler
I just sat in one of the new Mastercraft "Baja RS" seats at the Off-Road Impact show. I am seriously considering getting a pair because these seats actually pivot forward and back, yet still retain the quality of a touring/off-road suspension seat. The one I sat in unfortunately did not have the adjustable lumbar on it. I am wondering if anyone has tried this seat with the adjustable lumbar? How was it? My guess is that they are very good. I really liked the seat, and would get the adjustable headrest, adjustable lumbar, and possibly heat. They have Tacoma mounting brackets available too.

BajaRSreclininggif.gif

goodtimes

Expedition Poseur
Very nice. I have been hoping *someone* would start making a decent aftermarket seat that didn't have a fixed back on it. The only one's I have seen were not built with "ohv travel" in mind. Do these allow you enough freedom of movement to "look around" while you are in tight spots on the trail? On tight technical trails I am always leaning forward, twisting my torso to look over my shoulder, leaning out the door hole (ha! I can say "door hole" and it actually means something!), etc. Most aftermarket seats (that do not have fixed back) don't allow this kind of movement.....you think these are OK?????

p1michaud

Expedition Leader
Those look great!

BajaTaco said:
I just sat in one of the new Mastercraft "Baja RS" seats at the Off-Road Impact show. I am seriously considering getting a pair because these seats actually pivot forward and back, yet still retain the quality of a touring/off-road suspension seat. The one I sat in unfortunately did not have the adjustable lumbar on it. I am wondering if anyone has tried this seat with the adjustable lumbar? How was it? My guess is that they are very good. I really liked the seat, and would get the adjustable headrest, adjustable lumbar, and possibly heat. They have Tacoma mounting brackets available too.

BajaTaco,
I have not had the chance to sit in aftermaket seats, but I've had the seat swap in mind as well for quite some time now. When I was going to various junk yards looking for my TRD rear axle, I came accross a few nice Volvo S60 beige leather heated and electric seats. I was real tempted, but the E-locker took priority. :victory:
I bet they would make a real difference in your overall comfort not to mention your passenger! If they are happy by defaul you are happy. :elkgrin:
I really like the fact that they have Tacoma mounting brackets available, makes for a much simpler install.
Apparently Scott is also looking into a seat swap. Have you seen his post?

Cheers :beer:,
P

BajaTaco

Swashbuckler
goodtimes said:
Do these allow you enough freedom of movement to "look around" while you are in tight spots on the trail? .... Most aftermarket seats (that do not have fixed back) don't allow this kind of movement.....you think these are OK?????

You would need to verify for yourself, but I think they would definitely be okay. The side bolstering is not so extreme that you become fixed in a forward position, and should make climbing in and out of a lifted vehicle not too bad. I think rotation of the torso would be comfortable & do-able in this seat.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles