Manifold Destiny

lumpskie

Independent Thinker
^I've never done it but I'm crazy curious. Post up some pictures, when you try the recipes!

unkamonkey

Explorer
We used to warm up things on the engine in the old '62 Suburban all the time. About 20 years ago I decided to pull the heads off of the V6 in my 3B for refreshing. Found a can of soup aginst the fire wall. I'm sure I put it there, I just didn't remember when I put it there...

Comanche Scott

Expedition Leader
^I've never done it but I'm crazy curious. Post up some pictures, when you try the recipes!

Will do. Have to figure out a good spot(s) on the engine. The book is coming today, and I'm hoping to wheel this weekend, so will look for a spot tonight, and see what I can burn... er... cook. :elkgrin:

I've got a copy on the way now! :D

Right on! :beer:

We used to warm up things on the engine in the old '62 Suburban all the time. About 20 years ago I decided to pull the heads off of the V6 in my 3B for refreshing. Found a can of soup aginst the fire wall. I'm sure I put it there, I just didn't remember when I put it there...

That's awesome! :beer:

trust

Adventurer
Im just spent two weeks with every hot meal I had ( one or two a day) done on my engine. Nothing from scratch but lots of stuff warmed up.... Works great though better on slower roads than the highway on my Jeep.

I have the book and may try some scratch cooking at some point but I'm thinking hard about selling the Jeep so it may not happen

Comanche Scott

Expedition Leader
I have the book and may try some scratch cooking at some point but I'm thinking hard about selling the Jeep so it may not happen

:eek: Say it ain't so!
A day without a Jeep, is like a day without fun...

Looks like some good recipes. I'm looking forward to scoping out the engine compartment, and seeing what needs to be done to make this work.

wADVr

Adventurer
My XJ worked very well for cooking however I have had a hard time with it in my JK. I am finding that the trick is to have direct contact with the engine, just the underhood heat is not enough to heat a burrito. I currently have a hot dogger mounted to a brake booster air compressor bracket and it does not work very well despite temps upward of 171* inside the cooker. Might work but is so slow. I had the bracket from running a single ARB compressor so thought why not try it out..image.jpgimage.jpg

Comanche Scott

Expedition Leader
It looks like the exhaust "manifold" is cast internal to the head. So nothing external to get hot but the piping.
A sad day for engine cooks everywhere... lol

trust

Adventurer
:eek:

Looks like some good recipes. I'm looking forward to scoping out the engine compartment, and seeing what needs to be done to make this work.

The 4.0L has a nice flat valvecover that is just right for a burrito warmer, I posted pics of the one I made in another thread a while back, not sure I still have them to repost though...

Comanche Scott

Expedition Leader
The 4.0L has a nice flat valvecover that is just right for a burrito warmer, I posted pics of the one I made in another thread a while back, not sure I still have them to repost though...

The 4.0L is definitely a great cooking platform! Could build an oven over top of the exhaust manifold. :beer:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94