man did i just score bar-goon (96 'Burb )

nosnerd

wanna be tourist
so i get a call from my MIL's BF...he says call this dude -he has a suburban -cheeep...

well 4 hrs later i got it towed here..(pics to come)

1996 1500 Burb loaded...100k miles all highway...5.7 Vortec,auto,4wd LS...guy is getting divorced and he wanted it gone NOW,the tranny is rebuilt but the guy has not gotten the tranny cooler installed yet..plus it has a dead battery..so not functional to drive...been sitting for 7 months in his barn.hitch, airbags,brake controller and recent front end work and rear tires...

best 400 bucks i EVER spent!

plans call for major detail job and flushing all fluids new LT Goodyear Duratracs,steering stabilizer and PIAA bulbs..

al

beyondhelp

Cool! I just picked up a '97 a few weeks ago. Been lurking for a while hoping to get one. I paid a bit more for mine but it's lifted and runs and drives. No more trying to squeeze an air mattress into a Cherokee, these things have a ton of room.

nosnerd

wanna be tourist
well i finished cleaning it out...what a dump!!...

very little rust..a small perforation behind flare on pass side front fender..i am charging the battery at 2amps..so its gonna take some time..making a parts run sat morning...(prob going to end up purchasing a battery-lol)

fire her up and flush all fluids....swap lenses and bulbs...remove front broken air dam.....wire up 2 12v sources to the rear for our fridge and misc toys..

pics to come guys

k9lestat

Expedition Leader
3m lens restorer kit will save you some money on the head light lenses. i used it on my 99 suburban, they look brand new.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior