malibubts's 2015 Ram 1500 CCSB Build

malibubts

Adventurer
Looks like the 2017 EcoDiesels are now approved!

http://www.tfltruck.com/2017/07/can-buy-2017-ram-1500-ecodiesel-trucks-news/

It took a new tune to get the stamp from the EPA, so I would imagine we will have a new tune on the older models as well. Ram is claiming no performance or economy decrease, but that remains to be seen.

I have been considering my suspension upgrades, but holding off due to the uncertainty. Might be getting close to pulling the trigger now I know we won't be having a buy-back situation.

wanderer-rrorc

Explorer
2.5 Bilstien lift...it rides MUCH better!!

I ended up filling the airbags to 25psi...not sure if Im going to go with rear spacers or new rear springs..

389f428a06211a30d990f873b33dead5.jpg
c8eafa0f7c2dfde01807f4f53f211b57.jpg

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

malibubts

Adventurer
2.5 Bilstien lift...it rides MUCH better!!

I ended up filling the airbags to 25psi...not sure if Im going to go with rear spacers or new rear springs..

389f428a06211a30d990f873b33dead5.jpg
c8eafa0f7c2dfde01807f4f53f211b57.jpg

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk
Looks great! I'm thinking I've got about 5k more miles left on the OE tires, so springtime should be upgrade time. Even though the SRAs are a pretty junk tire I have a hard time upgrading when they realistically are working fine. Probably going to go with the 5100s all around and a stiffer set of rear springs.

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk

malibubts

Adventurer
Can you send me the dimensions on your rear seat area platform?

Hey man sorry for the delay, took a while for me to get to pulling the platform out and getting some measurements.

2017-10-15_12-22-53 by ebeiersdorfer, on Flickr

Just a few notes on the above:

The ridge for the under seat storage is higher than the bump up on the back, the shaded squares are a few stands to keep everything level. If those weren't there the back of the platform would flex down with weight.

I also kept the slush mats in and tried to align every so it rested on the highest points of the mats, if you have different mats the verticals may be different.

The front vertical section I did in 3 pieces and joined them together. You may be able to do it in 1 piece with one sheet of ply, but since I was doing this on the fly I didn't have enough left on the sheet to do it in 1 piece.

I cut the top sheet first. Then measured and cut the side verticals. Next up were the front verticals. Finally I added those stabilizer pieces under the back.

Hopefully that gets you what you need, if you have any more questions let me know.

t4rFL

Adventurer
Nice build. I'm going to have to steal that idea on the strap for the inside of the tailgate.

malibubts

Adventurer
Nice build. I'm going to have to steal that idea on the strap for the inside of the tailgate.

Thanks. Yeah it was a real pain to get out that first weekend without it. It's worked pretty well, I might add one to the other side.

malibubts

Adventurer
I've got a few small updates for the truck, while I am trying to decide on the endless tire/lift options.

First up is I added a D-Box into one of my drawers in the Decked system. I had a blow molded tool case, a tool roll, and a bunch of tools just thrown around in the drawers and wanted to get everything all consolidated. I organized all of the sockets into small Klein bags by drive size, as well as grouped together a bunch of tools in the same bags. Then threw a few random things I wanted put somewhere in there as well.

IMG_3137 by ebeiersdorfer, on Flickr

Since I was in there I took some pictures of how I have the loaded drawer setup; the other drawer typically stays unloaded for trip specific gear.

Fully extended with a med kit, hammock, spare clothing, fire extinguisher, and a small lantern.

IMG_3128 by ebeiersdorfer, on Flickr

Viair 88P in a Rothco bag.

IMG_3145 by ebeiersdorfer, on Flickr

Recovery strap, jumper cables, bottle jack, shovel, axe, shackles, and hitch are all loaded in the back.

IMG_3151 by ebeiersdorfer, on Flickr

I also decided to upgrade the kennel I use in the truck and for general travel. The original one I was using had a few issues; it was too large, didn't have proper tie down points, and the wire door rattled all the time. I bought a rotomolded Ruff Tough Kennel and fixed all the issues on the old kennel.

IMG_3102 by ebeiersdorfer, on Flickr

IMG_3111 by ebeiersdorfer, on Flickr

As it turns out there is also a third skid plate that is made for the Ram 1500, but for some reason is not included in the Skid Plate Package. I can't say that I have ever seen it as an option either, pretty odd for the part to exist but not really be advertised by Ram. I found the plate posted on another forum and got one ordered. I was hoping to get this installed today, but the package did not have the rivnut installation tool. Since all the bolts required to mount the plate use rivnuts, I'm out of luck until I get the tool.

Last edited:

t4rFL

Adventurer
What is the 3rd skid plate for? I ordered the OEM front and transfer case which includes a longer piece like a crossmember for the skid. I haven't installed them yet either because the holes are there but not threaded on my truck.

malibubts

Adventurer
What is the 3rd skid plate for? I ordered the OEM front and transfer case which includes a longer piece like a crossmember for the skid. I haven't installed them yet either because the holes are there but not threaded on my truck.
It installs along side the front skid plate, if you look at that plate it only covers the driver side and the passenger side is still open.

Mopar 82214241AB

PDF Warning: https://www.mopar.com/moparsvc/pim/media?id=9012415397918

Not a 100% sure if it will ever be useful but for $100 it's worth it just in case.

It was a pain to find in stock. I ordered from several places that of course accepted my order and charged me, then canceling my order because they didn't have the part. I ended up finding on eBay.

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles