Make your 80 series Land Cruiser jacking safe

LandCruiserPhil

Expedition Leader
Many thanks to my wife for pointing out the needs for a safe jacking experience.

Arguable a factory Toyota jack is one of the most reliable jacks available. Little to fail and works in any position but safe placement can be problem but still much safer than a Hi-Lift. This jack adapter eliminates the placement problem especially when ideal circumstance are not available. Other adapter systems are available but I could not find any to fit under an axle with a flat tire making them pretty much worthless for most IMO. This adapter only adds 3/4" to the height of a factory jack. One of the legs of the adapter is shorter for very secure front axle placement to greatly reduce the chance of slipping. The adapter wraps around the rear axle making placement a no brainer.

Fits jack post diameter of 2" may fit other jacks check your jack post size to ensure compatibility.

I also made one for our 100 series

No more worries if my wife needs to change a Land Cruiser tire

I have a few extra adapters available PM me

Attachments

• jack adp 80.jpg
    jack adp 80.jpg
    527.3 KB · Views: 76
  • jack adp front 80.JPG
    jack adp front 80.JPG
    180.6 KB · Views: 71
  • jack adp 80-100 rear.jpg
    jack adp 80-100 rear.jpg
    533.4 KB · Views: 78

Upland80

Adventurer
Will the factory jack lift an 80 with 35"s from the axle? I should know this already, but never tried...:(

LandCruiserPhil

Expedition Leader
Will the factory jack lift an 80 with 35"s from the axle? I should know this already, but never tried...:(

A factory jack can lift any tire you can "fit" on an 80 for changing.

The underside of an 80 axle is ~13" with 35's.

The max height of a factory jack is 16.5"

Note: Other jack adapters I looked at where too tall to fit under an 80 axle when the tire was flat.

LandCruiserPhil

Expedition Leader
Stores with your factory jack

Made in the USA
usa.gif

Attachments

• Jack storage.JPG
    Jack storage.JPG
    163.9 KB · Views: 52

LandCruiserPhil

Expedition Leader
Now available for all Land Cruisers and any 1.5" or 2" post jack.
Pictured is the 100 series adapter in action. Proper placement provides a solid safe envirorment.

Attachments

• 100 jack front center.JPG
    100 jack front center.JPG
    7.2 KB · Views: 202
  • 100 jack front.JPG
    100 jack front.JPG
    8.7 KB · Views: 200

LandCruiserPhil

Expedition Leader
what amazes me is the tool kit I have in my 60 is the same used in the 200. Toyota uses the KISS method :)

And they still recommend you to center a post jack on a 3" wide axle without anyway to keep it in place.:Wow1:
When going over jack placement with my wife she looked at me how did this vehicle cost and thats the best they can come up with. After that day the Jack Adapter was born.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles