Maine Winter Romp 2015: Who's going?

TRIARII

Adventurer
I just got permission from my supervisors to take the days off so Im going to try and make it to this years Winter Romp. Anybody else from here plan on coming? Id love to meet up with some of you and drive up to Maine in a caravan.

TRIARII

Adventurer
I live near Portsmouth NH which I believe is one hour south of Portland Maine. I dont know off the top of my head where Waterville Maine is but if its possible to meet up with you guys then Id love to. Keep me posted.

Dmarchand

Adventurer
I'm just south of you in Newburyport. Most folks congregate either on the road north (95), where you will see a steady stream of Rovers Friday and early Saturday. Or at the Hotel in town. LR folks essentially take over a portion of it.

Skinny

I'm just south of you in Newburyport. Most folks congregate either on the road north (95), where you will see a steady stream of Rovers Friday and early Saturday. Or at the Hotel in town. LR folks essentially take over a portion of it.

In the past you could always just look for a black Toyota flatbed screaming by you at 80mph but those days are gone :)
Of course I would always have to slow down because Marchand's D90 had so much wax on it the sun would glare in my eyes!

Always a good time at Romp...you should definitily try it out if you never been. Big G's breakfast is worth the trip.

TRIARII

Adventurer
How much $$$ should I expect to put aside for this event? Never been, not sure how far away Waterville is from Portsmouth and I have no idea how much fuel you guys burn through while off-roading. This will indeed be my first time at any Land Rover gathering and my first time off-roading.

On another note what tire chains should I look into getting for my 2004 Disco 2? Im running Crawler 235/85R16 tires. Thanks in advance.

TRIARII

Adventurer
I dont drink so although Ill shoot the **** with everyone Ill be chugging bottles of soda and hot chocolate. Thanks for the link, ill check them out. Im also going to buy a hi-lift jack.

Dmarchand

Adventurer
You may want to wait on the chains. Some year, chains rule the days. Others, they are a hinderance and flotation (aired down) is king.

Hi lift is okay but I wouldn't jump right into it personally. They can be deadly if you don't get good instruction for it. You are better off getting a hi lift base (plastic) and the tallest bottle jack you can find.

Dmarchand

Adventurer
In the past you could always just look for a black Toyota flatbed screaming by you at 80mph but those days are gone :)
Of course I would always have to slow down because Marchand's D90 had so much wax on it the sun would glare in my eyes!

Always a good time at Romp...you should definitily try it out if you never been. Big G's breakfast is worth the trip.

Dude, I miss the Mainiacs. Hope you are well. :sombrero:

Skinny

Just moving around a bit over the last couple of months. Down in NC now for a new job...certainly going to miss Romp and playing with the Rovah crowd!

Eat some extra Big G's breakfast for me :)

Eniam17

Adventurer
We have 2" of ice around Portland and Waterville area has maybe 8" of hard pack with ice on top - that can all change over the next month but so far this year is not like last year in terms of snow depth. Not a lot of rooms left in the 55 dollar room block if anyone needs to book.

Dmarchand, are you bringing your 90 or lr4?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles