Main Line Overland JK Build Thread

Main Line Overland

Supporting Sponsor
It is a 17 x 7.5 wheel, it pulls the sidewalls of a 35 x 12.5 in slightly which when aired down I find actually helps keep the bead set. Never had issues after thousands of miles offroad.

Espo78

Adventurer
Not to hijack this thread (awesome build BTW!) but if you are interested in a wider steel wheel that doesn't require spacers look at Wheel Vintiques at Summit Racing.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/wvi-126805042

There are many sizes available though the 17" gets pricey. I run 15" wheels on my JK but I had to grind down my calipers slightly. The 16x8 I linked has worked great with no grinding necessary for others. I originally wanted the same wheels the Main Line guys have, but the use of spacers and the narrow width made me look at other options. I found these Wheel Vintiques 2 or 3 years ago and I've been running them ever since with 33x12.5x15 Duratracs and they have held up fabulously.

CF943E30-5EE0-456E-943B-F52A7431D922_zpsdsabejxf.jpg

Espo78

Adventurer
Why does everyone seem to want these Mopar wheels with terrible backspacing and slim width requiring spacers? There are better steel wheel alternatives on the market.

Espo78

Adventurer
Grecy why are you interested in these wheels? If you are circumnavigating Africa I would focus on eliminating possible breakage points, not adding more. Spacers should be a non-starter.

Dan Grec

Expedition Leader
Grecy why are you interested in these wheels? If you are circumnavigating Africa I would focus on eliminating possible breakage points, not adding more. Spacers should be a non-starter.

No spacers for me, I'll be running skinny (255) tires.

I want steel rims so I can bash them back into shape in the event of damage, or even get them welded.

-Dan

TenaciousTJ

Explorer
Nice! What color are you going? I'm thinking matt black, maybe with a little texture to match the AEV bumpers.

My JKUR is Silver.

-Dan

I'm trying to decide between flat black, or color matching Copper Brown to the Jeep. I think brown would look pretty good.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Main Line Overland

Supporting Sponsor
Well folks our MLO JK may be available for sale soon. Shoot us PM's if interested. More info and pics to follow. Some lucky person can own a piece of MLO history.

Last edited:

Main Line Overland

Supporting Sponsor
We are planning our next build. We have had our fun with this rig, and it is time for someone else to enjoy it as much as we have. It will be sad to see it go for sure, but it is time. Plus we are running out of things to do to it :)

HRPINDC

Adventurer
That's a great ride for sure, I enjoyed watching the build. If I didn't have my baby, I would be interested. GLWS and I'll look forward to seeing your next build.....hoping it's a Jeep......

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles