Main Line Overland JK Build Thread

Main Line Overland

Supporting Sponsor
You just put more stress on the tailgate. By adding the spacer, your spare now has more leverage against an already taxed tailgate. With a stock size tire 32" tire and aftermarket wheel, this will work in a pinch. I would not recommend it for a larger tire or for someone that may bottom out their tire on a ledge. Even backing up into something lightly will take out that rear gate.

This is a temporary solution only if your tire can rest on the bumper to remove some of the weight and stress. This was quickly done away with when we upgraded to the AEV rear tire carrier and bumper.

mjmck

Observer
I attended the PA Sportsman show. Didn't recall seeing you there after reading through the thread. There is a lot of stuff to see in a day!

Main Line Overland

Supporting Sponsor
I attended the PA Sportsman show. Didn't recall seeing you there after reading through the thread. There is a lot of stuff to see in a day!

Yes we were located in the Outdoor Lifestyles Hall. That place is a maze. It would take all week to see everything there.

Topo.Ranger

Adventurer
If it helps, I'm running the Gobi Rack with a RTT. It mounts very easily. All you need are the cross bars going across the Gobi. The RTT's aluminum rails simply will mount like a clamp around the crossbars of the Gobi. The RTT can be mounted to open to the side or the back, like mine does.

img_1030-2.jpg

page23-1034-full.jpg

Hope that helps, Ben

Ben which rack are you running? the Stealth Rack? I was wondering about the A Pillar mounts because between both jeeps there are different mounting brackets... Id rather have them like yours because of the light brackets that I made for my lower 50" light bar.

BenHedrick

Adventurer
Ben which rack are you running? the Stealth Rack? I was wondering about the A Pillar mounts because between both jeeps there are different mounting brackets... Id rather have them like yours because of the light brackets that I made for my lower 50" light bar.

Yes, I think my is the Stealth version, "but", Gobi custom built this one, so I can't say it is all the same as a Stealth version. The front light bar is really custom. We shipped them the Baja Design lights for them to make the front bar. Call them and ask for Paul. Great guy to work with. He'll get you whatever you need.

Ben

Main Line Overland

Supporting Sponsor
FWC%20TT%20Event%20Promo%20august%2013.16_zpsvt3y8fcu.jpg

Mark your calendars, this is going to be a killer event. For more details and to register go to www.OverlandFestival.com

Also if anyone is local this coming weekend, we will be setting up at Jeeps and Java on Sunday April 12th 9 am - 11:30 am at Quadratec, 1028 Saunders Lane, West Chester, PA 19380

We hope to see you there!

Last edited:

BenHedrick

Adventurer
Man that setup SUCKS!

...just kidding... :) I just want to be different than everyone else that will love this setup...!!! Keep up the great work. :sombrero:

Sorry I didn't get to catch up with you at Overland Expo East. Loved your display.

Ben

Main Line Overland

Supporting Sponsor
Man that setup SUCKS!

...just kidding... :) I just want to be different than everyone else that will love this setup...!!! Keep up the great work. :sombrero:

Sorry I didn't get to catch up with you at Overland Expo East. Loved your display.

Ben

Thanks Ben! We will catch up sometime soon I am sure. We need to get you up to the Mid-Atlantic Overland Festival this summer. There are some killer mountain biking trails you would dig.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles