Main Line Overland JK Build Thread

Main Line Overland

Supporting Sponsor
Hey not to hijack your thread...but how do you like the Rubi T-case for overland applications? It seems like that ratio would be really well suited to rockcrawling but perhaps not as much to other types of trails. I'm weighing pros and cons of a Rubi vs Sport build, and I'll be doing overland, not extreme rock crawling.

Get the Rubicon, with steep descents and a heavier vehicle laden with gear, you won't regret having the 4:1 crawl ratio. Plus you will have E-Lockers and D44 front and rear axles and electronic sway bar disconnects. All features that make it the best out of the box option on the market.

5H1T80X

Ok, this is my first post. Ive been searching and searching for vehicles just like this. This is probably the best "review" thread I have ever seen in my life. This is exactly what I want to do to my 14 Rubicon. I guess Im just going to have to stalk you... Just Kidding ;)
This Jeep, this website, and the person who made this thread are probably the best around. Mr. Hendrick I follow your rides also KMA Fabrications make some pretty cool stuff. Love those light bars.

I do have a few questions.
The ladder that comes with the Gobi rack, does that slide backwards way from the top so there is more clearance for your feet?
Do you have plans to make a dual battery holder for the 3.6?
How many miles are on your jeep now?
Thank you,
This project is awesome. I must go on one of these trips with you guys.
Nick

Main Line Overland

Supporting Sponsor
Ok, this is my first post. Ive been searching and searching for vehicles just like this. This is probably the best "review" thread I have ever seen in my life. This is exactly what I want to do to my 14 Rubicon. I guess Im just going to have to stalk you... Just Kidding ;)
This Jeep, this website, and the person who made this thread are probably the best around. Mr. Hendrick I follow your rides also KMA Fabrications make some pretty cool stuff. Love those light bars.

I do have a few questions.
The ladder that comes with the Gobi rack, does that slide backwards way from the top so there is more clearance for your feet?
Do you have plans to make a dual battery holder for the 3.6?
How many miles are on your jeep now?
Thank you,
This project is awesome. I must go on one of these trips with you guys.
Nick

Nick,

The rear ladder does not slide back, but there is sufficient room for your feet to climb up it without a problem.

There are a few companies that make a dual battery tray for the 3.6. We have been using M.O.R.E. dual battery trays with good success, and then we utilize our own tie-down system with integrated NL Solenoid mount that we cut out on our plasma table.

I probably have about 130k on the Jeep now, and it still runs like a top, many more adventures ahead.

-Matt

5H1T80X

Is the M.O.R.E. side by side or over and under? I would rather have a side by side just in case I have a problem on the run it makes life easier. Also with the 3.6 its like 10 pounds of **** in a 5 pound bag. I want to get the AEV hood with a snorkel. I've also seen one with the plumbing under the hood and exits the cowl. I think this would cause more issue with room and acts as a Hot Air Intake. Decisions..
Great build man.. love it..

Main Line Overland

Supporting Sponsor
Is the M.O.R.E. side by side or over and under? I would rather have a side by side just in case I have a problem on the run it makes life easier. Also with the 3.6 its like 10 pounds of **** in a 5 pound bag. I want to get the AEV hood with a snorkel. I've also seen one with the plumbing under the hood and exits the cowl. I think this would cause more issue with room and acts as a Hot Air Intake. Decisions..
Great build man.. love it..

The M.O.R.E. is a side-by-side. Here is a shot of a recent install we did on a customers 10th Anniversary Rubicon

Dual%20Battery%20Setup_zpsobs2ymv8.jpg

5H1T80X

Matt thanks a lot man. This is great thread. I have a few more questions that I probably won't find in researching, but I'll wait.

5H1T80X

Matt-
How do you compare the the LED's to HID for auxiliary lighting? Do the IPF lights completely come apart to take the reflective lens out? I could have swore I saw yellow reflective lens replacements in your store.
How is your front axles holding up now that its been lifted for awile and holding weight? Everyone talks about axle tubes and gussets because the new gen d44 has a longer tubes than previous gens.
Thanks again and sorry for to many questions.

anviljk

Adventurer
I noticed you were from PA. Where exactly is there to do some expo trips around PA? I know there is Bald Eagle State Forest and some places in VA, WV, and MD but any other? Would like to take my JK and do some trails/camping for a weekend or a few days. Also any day trip places to check out?

Steigergreen

All I can say is wow.....but I have one question. I know the RTT is on the JK most of the time, but with that rack are you able to take the hard top off at all during the summer months for a little cruise with no doors and the open air?

Go Now

Main Line Overland

Supporting Sponsor
All I can say is wow.....but I have one question. I know the RTT is on the JK most of the time, but with that rack are you able to take the hard top off at all during the summer months for a little cruise with no doors and the open air?

Go Now

The Gobi Rack does quick disconnect and hinge back to allow top removal. Although I don't run with the top off much.

A

AngryRedBird

ingenious.. I never realized this would work for the spare tire mount..

883da0f6.jpg

Very creative idea.. wonder why I've never seen this done before or never heard anyone talking about do this..

Timgco

Adventurer
ingenious.. I never realized this would work for the spare tire mount..

883da0f6.jpg

Very creative idea.. wonder why I've never seen this done before or never heard anyone talking about do this..

You just put more stress on the tailgate. By adding the spacer, your spare now has more leverage against an already taxed tailgate. With a stock size tire 32" tire and aftermarket wheel, this will work in a pinch. I would not recommend it for a larger tire or for someone that may bottom out their tire on a ledge. Even backing up into something lightly will take out that rear gate.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles