Maggiolina extreme handle lost and needed

So after buying a brand new maggiolina extreme last month I went camping recently and drove off with the handle in the tent and it is now somewhere unknown. So stupid. I blame it on me owning an airtop forever and this crank handle thing is new to me and I also do stupid stuff. Of course it was on a multi day, multi spot camping trip that ended after the first night. (Being safe staying solo and isolated of course)...So now I can’t get into my brand new tent. Andrew from autohome says they are out of stock and more are on order. Could be sooner or later or though. So for now my tent is unusable..

Would anyone happen to have a crankhandle or spare crankhandle for sale? Or could give me good specs that I could take to a welder/fabricator? I think maggiolina extreme handles are unique in length or something compared to other maggiolina crank handles. I could be wrong though. As I often am. I know it’s a long shot but I’m desperate. Thanks!

Wow! Thank You Frenchie!! This is quality!! What a great response! This information will be saved by me forever. If you’re ever on the western slope of Colorado Ill buy you a beer(s)!!

Back in action thanks to Frenchie!

Attachments

• 483509E3-3DF6-4768-8C1D-B57B16E13607.jpeg
    483509E3-3DF6-4768-8C1D-B57B16E13607.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 49
  • 45C11347-0523-4233-AE95-CDC1AEBE5C5E.jpeg
    45C11347-0523-4233-AE95-CDC1AEBE5C5E.jpeg
    30.6 KB · Views: 46

Deborahkrs

Hello ! I have lost the handle also and would love to have frenchie’s answer on the matter but it seems I can’t see his/her answer… would someone be able to explain to me how to replace my handle ?
thanks !!

JackW

Explorer
I did basically the same thing Frenchie did - found a piece of steel tubing a couple of inches long that would slip over the shaft of the raising mechanism, drilled a cross hole of a size that was slightly smaller than the slot in the shaft about 5/8 from the end of the tube and welded in a small piece of steel rod, then welded an old socket to the back of the tube. That way I could use either a speed handle or a ratchet and extension to raise or lower the lid. The standard crank would hit the edge of my roof rack so I needed the extension anyway. It worked great, better than the stock handle.

texasnielsen

Outdoorsman
What I have done (get a 12 point deep socket) that just slides over the round rod. Get a drill that will fit the slot in the end of the rod. drill in at a depth that will allow a nail or drywall screw to fit in the hole (make sure it is drilled centered). Insert the nail or screw (cut it a/16" longer then the socket width) and peen over the end, to hold it in place. I think that the 1/2" drive works better then the 3/8' drive. add a extension and a ratchet. Your set. I am leaving in 1 minute for Mpab and will be on the road. I will PM you my ph. # if you have any more questions.

Frenchie

Ahh yes . . . . thanks for the memories of a quaint Baja fishing village auto shop and the use of their drill press..... :) I don't recall if it was a metric or standard deep socket and what size (12mm? 14mm? or 1/2": or 9/16"??) that kept Frenchie from having to sleep "in" his Jeep versus the desired on the roof location .... When you make one it pays to make several of these fellas and through them in your tool bag.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier