Made the jump to 33x12.50 on the LR3

rlynch356

Defyota
just be aware when you are running that high up, the tire wear will be on the outside edge of the tire as it puts the hub into positive camber. Been there... Ideally i would run as low as possible with an SYA kit, and do an alignment.

looks good

Jwestpro

Explorer
just be aware when you are running that high up, the tire wear will be on the outside edge of the tire as it puts the hub into positive camber. Been there... Ideally i would run as low as possible with an SYA kit, and do an alignment.

looks good
Agreed. With the height I chose, factory length strut setting which results in 2" higher running ground clearance in normal height selection mode, allowed the alignment to come right up to the maximum limits but still be corrected fully for the changes. Setting the struts even to 10mm less length would allow an alignment to be within the margins whereas one of my corners was outside by a very small but acceptable %.

Having tested the struts running at various minus amounts, I wouldn't recommend running any less than -20mm because you loose too much compression travel and bumps become pretty harsh. My guess is this in part due to the air column, the spring effect, becoming shortened and the psi may change oddly. All I know is it feels pretty ************ at -20mm on my LLAMS controller at highway speed or on anything other than very nice smooth pavement.

bri

Adventurer
Never really liked having wheels outside the wells. A bit to ghetto for me and I drive a 98, LOL.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94