M416 Trailer with custom box and CVT trailer top tent

jmodz

Hi guys, so unfortunately it is time to sell my expedition trailer. I purchased it in January from another expo member here. I bought it because I live in an airstream but I am getting ready to move back into an apartment soon so the plan was to travel less with the airstream and more with the expedition trailer. I had two offers from friends to store it but during February both those offers somehow evaporated. So now it is sitting on my site at the RV park that I am currently living at. So with my impending move back to an apartment I will have no place to store it, so I need to sell it. Here is the description from the previous owner:

"I bought the trailer itself from an expo member, it is built on an M416 frame, fully disassembled and powder coated, and the box/tub is custom built with a lid. I built a slide out kitchen/storage drawer and added some gas shocks to allow the lid to open with the tent on top. Still has lunettes ring, will include 2 pintle hitches if interested. One straight and one adjustable. Trailer has 7 pin plug and is ready for brakes to be added if desired. Fully loaded I think it weighs under 1500lbs.

Trailer top tent is the original CVT trailer top tent. The sleeping area is on top of the trailer lid, with a zippered door to separate the sleeping area from the fold out room. The tent also has a zip on extension that will extend rearward another 7 feet and the full width of the tent in the unfolded position. It's massive. This allows you a fully enclosed second room for cooking, cracking open a cold one with the boys, etc.

The trailer also has a 15 gallon water tank and water pump, location for a 12v battery to power the pump, I wired in a hella style 12v plug for my fridge.

Axle is a 3500lb with 6 lug hubs."

I haven't made any modifications to it since I realized early on I would need to sell it. I took it on 3 trips, two times out to Anza Borrego and once to Zion NP. It really is a sweet expedition trailer and performed great on the desert washes in Anza. I was really happy with the mattress in the CVT tent as well, I owned a Tepui RTT and my only complaint with that was the mattress was really low quality in my opinion, but the CVT's mattress was amazing. Towing it is extremely easy and worry free, it had no affect on my F-150 at all.

I am located in San Diego, CA. I am willing to deliver/meet halfway up to a reasonable distance. The best way to contact me is to send me a text at 619 840 9774. Or PM me here.

Price is $2,800 OBO. Shoot me an offer, worst I can say is no. Trades or partial trades may be considered as well.

I don't take a lot of photos so I am going to reuse the photos from the previous owner as they are still an accurate representation of the trailer.

Attachments

• IMG_9386.jpg
    IMG_9386.jpg
    568.6 KB · Views: 1,205
  • IMG_9387.jpg
    IMG_9387.jpg
    572.9 KB · Views: 939
  • IMG_9388.jpg
    IMG_9388.jpg
    528 KB · Views: 925
  • IMG_0956.jpg
    IMG_0956.jpg
    554.5 KB · Views: 916
  • IMG_0992.jpg
    IMG_0992.jpg
    599.4 KB · Views: 897
  • IMG_1020.jpg
    IMG_1020.jpg
    550.8 KB · Views: 923
  • IMG_5146.jpg
    IMG_5146.jpg
    554.2 KB · Views: 904
  • IMG_0880.JPG
    IMG_0880.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 923
  • IMG_0881.JPG
    IMG_0881.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 1,103
  • IMG_0882.JPG
    IMG_0882.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 936
Last edited:

4mul8

Bump for what seems like a great deal. I was this close to driving down to Bakersfield to pick this up the last time it was for sale, but was too slow. In the meantime I've realized I don't have the space to store/park this, but will hopefully be able to get a similar setup some day.

jmodz

Thanks 4mul8! It is a sweet trailer and I’m hoping to get it to a new home.

Price drop to $2800

axlesandantennas

Approved Vendor
Any chance you still have this?
If he does not, I have this:

WSOP2012GOLD

If he does not, I have this:

thanks lil bigger + lil more work than im lookin for.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles