M416 lid build

Fritzoc

Observer
The lid is coming together nicely. Local fabricator doing the work.

7dc4865866530d7b28aea598adb487b8.jpg
b1eb416a056aaaeada905faf535e2224.jpg
8c0d3c8aafd147f3a463d4c188ed32ec.jpg

canorisa

Mr. Joel Rivera
Very nice. Could yo post more details pics of your lid. Interested in doing something like this but not sure how much something like that would cost. Was it expensive?

Thanks,

Jr

Fritzoc

Observer
It's still in the shop. Once I get it back I can share more details. Lid cost will be less than $600 before paint, including all hardware.

Fritzoc

Observer
d6bf72d9c9372daff2832309aef6865c.jpg

Picked up the trailer today. Next stop is likely the paint guy. New lid works great. Will add weather stripping to the underside lip to create a "watertight" seal when closed. Also adding Thule tracks to the top for the load bars. Lid is pre drilled and reinforced underneath for the rails.

PCO6

Adventurer
Fritzoc - Your lid turned out great. :clapping: I like that your gas struts can be mounted in several locations. How many pounds are they rated for?

Fritzoc

Observer
Struts are 100lbs. Raises unassisted in current location. Still easy to lower. The other hole locations make it harder to close which will be nice if I mount a tent.

PCO6

Adventurer
Struts are 100lbs. Raises unassisted in current location. Still easy to lower. The other hole locations make it harder to close which will be nice if I mount a tent.
Thanks. I appreciate the extra info. I'm just coming up to that stage with my lid. The additional pictures are also helpful.

I also like your bullet hinges. I'm doing mine a bit different but those are very strong hinges.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles