M416, Hard-Sided Roof Top Camper Top, 37" tires Air bag suspension - Conifer Colorado

bluebruin

Adventurer
M416, Hard-Sided Roof Top Camper Top, 37" tires Air bag suspension - Conifer Colorado

$3750

24 photos here
http://denver.craigslist.org/cto/5035352758.html

00707_884QXXKPI3K_600x450.jpg

00808_5hqvN9hesZo_600x450.jpg

00a0a_6dgbcDFlHna_600x450.jpg

01616_6EtsOs2fFIr_600x450.jpg

M416 Offroad Expedition Trailer and Custom Built Hard-sided Camper Top - Camp ANYWHERE!

This is a unique camping and expedition platform! You will not find another trailer or camper like this. Convenience of a pop up, but offroad capability of a jeep!

Key Features:
- 37" tires, air bag and leaf spring suspension with pintle hitch = go anywhere.
- Insulated, hard-sided camper top = camp anywhere, all 4 seasons.
- Totally water/dust proof cargo box with TONS of capacity for gear.
- camper can sleep up to 4 people
- sleep off the ground on a level bed. Camp on uneven ground or in spots that tent campers have to pass up, even on a friday evening when Denver folks have taken all the spots!
- Make your own camping spots in national forest. This trailer can go anywhere you can go in your tow vehicle. Get away from RV's, crowds, and full campgrounds!
- Roll into camp, disconnect your trailer to claim your camping spot, and then go 4-wheel or watch the sunset from the top of a mountain. Then, come back to camp and setup at your convenience.
- Over $5,000 in materials invested, and 100's of hours spend building.

M416 Military Trailer
- Hard to find 1/4 Ton Vietnam era trailer. Similar to M100, Bantam, and Adventure Trailers.
- Airbag assist Leaf Spring Suspension. Adjust air pressure for great highway or offroad performance
- spring over axle lift. HIGH clearance trailer XX-inches to trailer frame.
- Totally sandblasted, primed, and repainted frame and tub. Painted with Rust Bullet.
- military lunette to go with a offroad pintle hitch (2" receiver tube. Easily add a max coupler or a standard trailer coupler with the integrated 2" receiver hitch)
- wheel spacers and adapters - Jeep JK 5x5 Bolt pattern Wheels with 37"x13.5" Toyo Mud Tires. Black steel wheels. (or remove spacers and go back to original 5x5.5 bolt pattern if that matches your tow vehicle)
- brand new bearings
- Aluminum platform over tongue for extra gear storage, such as gas and water cans
- LED side markers and tail lights
- heavy duty trailer wiring, with permanent ground wire (no in&out tail lights!) 4-flat
- 8" extension lid over tub for extra gear storage. (1" square tube steel and steel sheet metal construction). Lid is gas spring assisted.
- Tub compartment is water and dust tight with rubber seals
- original military steel name plate mounted on the tub.
- original military parking/emergency brake is intact and works
- original military heavy duty fold down "jack" landing leg

Hard-sided Folding Camper Top
- Camper folds down to about 10-12" thick to keep center of gravity low and wind resistance in tow to a minimum. Camper top goes up and down with lid over tub.
- Folding walls are 1/2" steel square tube frame, with rigid insulation inside, fiberglass outer skin, and baltic birch plywood inner skin.
- Top is made of a light weight baltic birch skeleton with an arched shape for excellent water shedding and high strength to weight ratio Outer skin is waterproof Fiberglass reinforced panel (FRP). Inside is 1" thick rigid polyiso rigid insulation and inside skin in baltic birch plywood.
- every seam, panel, and trim piece on the camper is sealed with highest quality 3M automotive seam sealer ($10 per tube, $100's of dollars of sealer in this trailer alone)
- windows are 3/8" thick polycarbonate
- Large end windows are operable. They prop open at two different amounts, allowing fresh air while protecting against unexpected rain showers.
- bed is 3/4" thick closed cell polyethylene foam, with a 1" thick memory foam mattress over it.
- entry ladder has adjustable legs for any height or uneven terrain.
- camper and lid can easily be removed (4 bolts on heavy duty hinges) to return to regular M416 trailer
- end walls are gas spring assisted to make setting up camper easier.

Dimensions:
Camper Top Approx 8ftx6ft
Tub/Lid Approx 6ftx4ft
Overall Length Approx 10ft
Overall Width 6ft
Track Width 6ft
Clearance to Frame about 20"

Work That Could still be done
- Operable windows just need locking latches installed. Included in sale.
- Paint on outside of camper walls needs another coat to cover some spots that flaked and or were patched with seam sealer. Can provide you can of extra paint if you like the blue.
- latches on tub could be adjusted

Important Info
- Please PM me.
- you will need to come to Conifer, CO to see the trailer. Its 15 minutes west of Lakewood.
- I will not be available to show the trailer between June 5 and June 15
- cash only (or cashier's check)
- trailer does NOT have a title right now. You can just register it as home made in your county.

bluebruin

Adventurer
thanks! well, take a trip out to colorado, pickup the trailer, do some camping all the way back to west coast. problem solved! hahhah...

bluebruin

Adventurer
Price reduced to $3000.

Here is the sequence to setup camper. Pretty easy. I can do it myself in about 5 minutes.

Step 1. Release draw latches x4 on lid. Stand on platform, set lid on top of walls.
Step 2. Setup ladder on end of trailer, lift up lid, pull up end wall (gas strut assisted) with helper or with a little rope. Set lid down on top of wall.
Step 3. Go back to other end, lift up lid, pull up wall. Set lid down on wall.
Step 4/5 Move ladder to doorway position. Open door, pull up side wall.
Step 6. Climb inside, fold up last wall. Slide latches to secure walls x4

Dch2rmPkyzug9ANvIV_doV95bLGvQotlB0Uc9QvaOR7L=w1440-h193-no

PHeller

Adventurer
Would you sell the camper separate of the trailer?

I'm curious, are there plans around to make that kind of hard sided pop up camper?

bluebruin

Adventurer
Would you sell the camper separate of the trailer?

I'm curious, are there plans around to make that kind of hard sided pop up camper?

I have a local buyer who is supposed to pick up tomorrow. Yeah, I would sell you the camper separate if he does not buy. No, there are no plans. I just came up with this design on my own. Its one of a kind as far as I know.
Thanks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94