M2 Freightliner Ambulance Conversion Project. 2007 Crew Cab

Ozrockrat

Expedition Leader
DEA was the previous owners initials. But they will be removed especially before we take it into Mexico.

But DOA would fit at the moment. Clutch and brake go straight to the floor. Cannot get it to change gears. But it did roll so the drums haven’t rusted to the brake pads.

Ozrockrat

Expedition Leader
Shade for the trucks. Should make things a bit more bearable in summer.

5e78aad43ab237c73dc92bf16272f40b.jpg

ac2fcef1b8573a303add504a4529ba3a.jpg

16b593d7f70ceabe912bad5bc11c8827.jpg

scooter421

Adventurer
Very nice Oz! It's crazy how much a bit of shade here in the desert can make a difference. I've yet to get over to your side of town to see the new rig. One of these days...! Life just keeps getting in the way.

Cheers

Scooter...

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

scooter421

Adventurer
Anytime mate. We will be starting the axle install in a couple of weeks so there should be plenty to checkout.
Very exciting! I hope to be on your side of town soon. I'd love to see this plan in action.

Scooter...

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

rlrenz

Explorer
When I worked on mine in the driveway in the sun, the white paint made it challenging to see what I was doing. I thought about grafting a pop-up canopy to the side for shade -- and that's in MINNESOTA! I can only imagine what working on anything that's been roasting in the AZ sun for a few hours must be like!

Best of luck with your (now shaded) projects!

rlrenz

Explorer
Back in "The Old Days", I used to work for a power company at a coal fired generating station. Twice per year per boiler, I had to verify the settings of the boiler safety valves. These boilers were about 150 ft high, and the ambient temperature on top of the boiler was about 140F of very humid heat. I had to use a calculator to run some of the numbers, and the display would go black from the heat. I had to use a rubber band to tie the calculator to a 4x6 chunk of aluminum as a heat sink to keep it cool - the package would make it through the 4 drum safeties and two superheater safeties per boiler, then when we retreated to the break room to cool off before we started the process on the next boiler, the aluminum would sit in the room's refrigerator for as long as we could let it sit (it also made for a great excuse to stay a little longer...). I'd slide the aluminum/calculator back into a dust proof Zip-Lock, then we'd do it all over again.

Ah, the good old days....

Some of you will of seen my other thread with a conversion of the extra cab FL60 http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/118224-Freightliner-ambulance-conversion-project. (Old Yella).

Rather than get bogged down in that thread I have decided to start a new thread for our latest project. This one will be our 4th ambulance conversion in the USA (and we do have an ongoing build in Australia)

So we have just arrived in Florida to pickup the new rig. 2007 M2106 a freightliner crew cab with a Mercedes MBE906 and Allison 3000 EVS. Air brakes with 10 lug axles. Medic Master by American La France module. Big Red.

More photos and details to follow.

b68a9c1da6341fcc682c6257ec170684.png
Looks like I will be following you close on this build. I also picked up a nice rig from Florida. 2007 Sterling Acterra Fire Rescue Truck with Mercedes Benz 906 Engine Allison Automatic Trans and same Medic Master by American La France body. Would live some insight for my build out sense you have done a few of these.

Attachments

• 154611518.jpg
    154611518.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 41

rlrenz

Explorer
Looks like I will be following you close on this build. I also picked up a nice rig from Florida. 2007 Sterling Acterra Fire Rescue Truck with Mercedes Benz 906 Engine Allison Automatic Trans and same Medic Master by American La France body. Would live some insight for my build out sense you have done a few of these.

Is your 2007 Medic Master equipped with standard relay / diode switching (console mounted switches), or does it have the Weldon V-MUX control system (touch screen control)? Mine has diode/relay logic, but I have data on the V-MUX.

Yeah don’t expect to be bombarded with photos. I think I average 1 every 6 weeks.

Ok just checked the old photos. It is a Hydra-Hot HHE-200-08E

Picked it up as part of a package deal with the diesel generator. Had .8 hours on the clock and never installed. If you are getting one check with me about the little radiators/heaters. I think I have way more than I need.

a5e41992b4f3a6711898e9454735d948.jpg
I like a radiator heater if you have any left.

Is your 2007 Medic Master equipped with standard relay / diode switching (console mounted switches), or does it have the Weldon V-MUX control system (touch screen control)? Mine has diode/relay logic, but I have data on the V-MUX.
I don't know much about it until I arrive later tomorrow. I assume you can gague the system by looking at the pictures. It looks like this is a touch panel controller. More to follow.

Attachments

• 154611538.jpg
    154611538.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 57
  • 154611576.jpg
    154611576.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 59

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles