M2 Freightliner Ambulance Conversion Project. 2007 Crew Cab

Ozrockrat

Expedition Leader
International 6x6 extra cab. Interesting part was the rear axles were the same width as the front and ran 395/85R20 tires on bead lock rims.

I didn’t get a chance to crawl around underneath but I would like to get some numbers off the axles.

There were a few other cool toys as well but no photos allowed.

cjken

Explorer
That looks sweet
I wonder if those will be available surplus at some point in the future.
I like the extra cab vs crew cab to keep the overall length reasonable.

Ozrockrat

Expedition Leader
That looks sweet
I wonder if those will be available surplus at some point in the future.
I like the extra cab vs crew cab to keep the overall length reasonable.

They are Canadian and I think they keep their gear longer than the US. But there are a bunch of older Iveco’s (I think) that would make a lighter base.

Ozrockrat

Expedition Leader
Keeping the Benz for now. Even on 5 1/2 cylinders it does a good job. Plus I have enough projects for the time being.

Ozrockrat

Expedition Leader
Looking at breaking free for a week and needed the ability to have a shower. So I threw the Eccotemp on the door with a 39 gallon tank and now it’s all go. 2 hours to fit the tank 8 hours chasing fittings, 20 minutes for the Eccotemp and about 2 hours chasing leaks. What a PITA.

6d964346b690df834861289030d89c0a.jpg

Couldn’t find a anyway to put in another fitting for filling he tank so I reused a comeback bladder plug that was sitting around.

211ca52511c559e14ee70b80aaa21a41.jpg

Given that both the tank and the heater are temporary I am well an truly sticking to my “do it twice then do it right” mantra.

scooter421

Adventurer
Very nice OZ, I'm jealous! I don't know when I'm going to be able to get out next but I sure need to!

Scooter...

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

Ozrockrat

Expedition Leader
The pieces arrived for replacing the Whelen V-MUX controls. I think it should of said on the box “Some assembly required”

e9bf31f862e336b7f2aafe5c52881a79.jpg

Ozrockrat

Expedition Leader
That should be fun!

Yep. It could be another classic case of letting ambition overrule ability. 25 years since I did any serious programming so I hope it is as simple as they say. Otherwise I will have to get the 11 year old granddaughter to teach me

java

Expedition Leader
Yep. It could be another classic case of letting ambition overrule ability. 25 years since I did any serious programming so I hope it is as simple as they say. Otherwise I will have to get the 11 year old granddaughter to teach me
Go straight to the granddaughter lol

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

rlrenz

Explorer
Two questions - It looks like you gave up on the Weldon V-MUX system - was there any particular reason, or just the general PITA of trying to work with it?

What are you planning to control with the new system?

Best of luck with the programming project!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles