M116A3 / Lifetime Tent trailer mashup

406expo

Adventurer
I've had four of these military trailers over the years and couldn't be more pleased with them. The m116 chassis trailers are a great platform, looking very nice. If you keep the surge brakes it might be worth you time to bore out the lock out hole to accommodate a hardened steel pin and cable it to the trailer. We did it on ours after bending those wimpy little 5/16 guys and then drilled a hole in the tongue to store it. Very nice build again.

VikingGinger

THAT... is an AWESOME build !!! :drool:

Thanks man!

The trailer got some action last weekend! I had to take my golf cart into town to attempt to get plates so it got used as a utility trailer.

tumblr_nkx32dAijE1u6ufwho1_1280.jpg

tumblr_nkx32dAijE1u6ufwho2_1280.jpg

tumblr_nkx2e6DP4P1u6ufwho2_1280.jpg

tumblr_nkx2e6DP4P1u6ufwho4_1280.jpg

Then Friday afternoon it went back to camping mode to get quick camping trip in at TDS Desert Safari Saturday.

tumblr_nkx2jbfiPL1u6ufwho1_1280.jpg

tumblr_nkx2e6DP4P1u6ufwho1_1280.jpg

tumblr_nkx2e6DP4P1u6ufwho5_1280.jpg

tumblr_nkx2e6DP4P1u6ufwho6_1280.jpg

tumblr_nkx2e6DP4P1u6ufwho7_1280.jpg

The track width is perfect and the trailer is amazing off road. I drove up a 10 mile stretch of mixed terrain. Soft sand, pot holes, wash board, gravel, ruts, washes, etc. I'm very impressed with the suspension on the trailer!

tumblr_nkx2e6DP4P1u6ufwho9_1280.jpg

Xtreme XJ

Adventurer
Well done !... nice joining of the two trailers...
I've always liked the way the bunk platforms fold out on that model and the room inside...
Was the cart picts. taken in the Hot Spa area N.E. of the Salton Sea ?

There were several cool trailer at TDS...

VikingGinger

Well done !... nice joining of the two trailers...
I've always liked the way the bunk platforms fold out on that model and the room inside...
Was the cart picts. taken in the Hot Spa area N.E. of the Salton Sea ?

There were several cool trailer at TDS...

The pictures with the golf cart were taken at Martinez Lake in Arizona, I was only at TDS for the night then left the next morning so I didn't see to many other rigs/trailers where we camped off Holly Road. The 10 mile stretch of road I referred to was Pole line road, I pulled the trailer in on it from the 78 to the S22.

Xtreme XJ

Adventurer
I zoomed in on a few of the first ones & thought... maybe the river... Haven't been to Martinez in.... 25 yrs.
Pole Line Rd. would be a good dusty test...
Again I like to joining of the two...

VikingGinger

I zoomed in on a few of the first ones & thought... maybe the river... Haven't been to Martinez in.... 25 yrs.
Pole Line Rd. would be a good dusty test...
Again I like to joining of the two...

Thanks man! Still looking forward to working on it but it'll probably be a while before the next round of modifications are made.

I'm sure Martinez has changed a bunch since then, (in some aspects at least) practically every spot is for sale over there right now. With a spot purchase they require homes to be built by 2017. There's a couple huge new homes that have gone up already. Thankfully my spot isn't for sale, not yet at least! :beer:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne