M1102 expedition trailer build

sgthawk

Adventurer
I have been contemplating on what I wanted to do for a sink and hot water and came across a military scrub sink with a 110vac hot water heater and pump. Im sure I can rig it to use as a shower are well.

mC_F6b0os1jf7TezZKrlsmA.jpg

sgthawk

Adventurer
New Project underway. I am in the process of installing a battery system in the trailer. Because of the manual break levers I am limitted on the size of the battery box and type or door opening I can use. After two days of brousing the net I found the perfect box from bestconverter.com. I will be installing a .100 Thick Brushed Aluminum with Folding T-Handle, Latch & Lock. Full Length Door Hinge.
14 1/4”H x 9 3/8”D x 25 1/4”L. Ironically they didnt realize that the box was still being sold on their web site. I spoke with the owner Randy and he told me it was by chance that they still had 3 boxs left in invintory. He had purchased them for horse trailer add on's when the market was hot for horse trailers. He has sence discontinued selling the boxes.
IMG_3918.JPG
IMG_3917.JPG

sgthawk

Adventurer
here is a picture of where I will be installing the battery box

[ATTAC20160907_203328.jpg

Attachments

• 20160907_203328.jpg
    20160907_203328.jpg
    370.2 KB · Views: 70

sgthawk

Adventurer
In order to protect the air matress I went over to tractor supply and picked up a rubber mat which I placed inside the trailer.

20160910_212608.jpg

Last edited:

RagnarD

Adventurer
May want to leave that rubber mat outside in the sun for a bit. The ones I have purchased from TS have a pretty strong smell for a while. Why such a thick mattress? Lower profile options are not bad comfort wise and would give you a lot more head room.

Last edited:

sgthawk

Adventurer
We had the air matress laying around and it works for now. I agree, and will find a lower matress at a later date.

sgthawk

Adventurer
The battery box came in today and I was able to dry fit where it will be place. unfortunatly I had to remove the brackets that hold the leveling legs. Not a big deal due to that I wont be using them. The box had to be off set to the divers side in order to clear the new jack. I will have to build a custom 7" riser stand that will bolt on the the frame and secure the box. The backside of the box will also be bolted to the trailer. Once the box is secure I will use a hole saw to drill through the trailer and box.

20160913_193857.jpg

sgthawk

Adventurer
I decided to convert the turn signal lights to LED. I never changed out the builbs when I converted over to 12v. Here is the LED lights that can be ordered from amazon.

Screenshot_20160913-223954.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz