M101cdn for sale

crazyjane

Observer
I have for sale a trailer I have setup myself but am going a different direction for my outdoor things. The wife likes camping in the UNIMOG much better as she can stand up in the back and get changed etc... So I am gonna sell the trailer as I don't see alot of use for it in the future for me. It is a M101cdn trailer with an Eezi-Awn tent i have mounted on the back. It opens over the back of the trailer. I have also mounted a 48x24 aluminum tool box in the front of trailer. I used HMMWV hood hinges to open the platform the tent rests on, it opens from the passenger side in case you have a flat tire on the Highway. It still has the original michelins on them and I have bought a spare rim and mounted a Firestone transforce 215/85r16. The original tires have no dry-rot on them. I have only used the trailer 5-6 times. I have driven from Fayetteville NC to Aberdeen MD and just short trips around here with absolutely no problem. It holds 6 water /fuel cans in a bracket up front and some webbing with buckles in the bed. I used 2 gallons of Durabak bedliner inside and out to coat it, sand colored. The trailer only had minimal surface rust from storage and I don't think it had ever been used as there were no scratches to the paint in the bed. I mounted some rear trailer stabilizer legs on the back of each corner of the trailer to stop it from flipping when disconnected from the truck. It has new hub seals and grease. You can buy new hub hardware at any trailer store if it ever needs it. I have more pics if you'd like them sent to you just ask. I'm looking for $2,000 for the trailer.

Willman

Nice trailer!...Bump for you!

I would love to see some detailed photos what 2 gallons of Durabak bedliner did to the inside....What do you think the the Durabak bedliner????...How has it held up?......Thinking of doing that myself on mine! Is it worth it?:chowtime:

Thanks man!

Good luck with the sale!

:)

Oh ya....Welcome to the ExPo!

crazyjane

Observer
The Durabak was easy to apply. I brushed it on in the corners and used the roller it came with to apply the rest. It is alot cheaper than having a company do it. It has been a couple of years since it was done and I only have one issue of sorts. In the instructions it said to use the hardener if it is below 59 degrees? as it would take a long time to harden. I didn't do that as it was in the 80's when i did mine. If I leave something sit on the bed for a long time (months) it will stick to the bed. The stuff is still hard not like I can push it around like silly putty or anything. But if you do use the hardener I think you have to use it all at one time or it will harden, obviously. As far as using the 2 gallons, I didn't need all of the amount so when I had it completely covered I just put the rest on the bed which was only about an inch and a half of the gallon left in the bottom. I like having it on the outside of the trailer as it helps with protecting the trailer from rocks kicked up.
Word of warning wear gloves and clothes you don't mind getting some of it on. I have a pair of pants that still has it on them. Ask to get a sample of the colors before you order as the colors on the website may be a little off as to what you get.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier