M101a2 replacement lights?

Titan_Bow

It was a productive weekend for me, I finally got around to finishing paint on my M101a2. Now, I am looking at lights. Initially, I just had a cheap set from Home Depot, and even though its an LED set, they are still pretty dim and dont seem to work all that well. I would like to do a good set of lights and marker lights for it. Where's the best place to position replacement lights? On the original bracket? In the tailgate or frame? What are some good brands to look at?

Titan_Bow

Thanks dstock, yours looks great! Yeah, it has been fun working on this thing. I picked mine up from govplanet a few years ago for 475 bucks. I am keeping it pretty simple so far, opting to keep the axle and and surge brake, at least for now. I cleaned, scuffed and sanded the whole thing, painted the underside with rustoleum implement paint and the inside of the fenders with bedliner. I then shot the whole tub with Rustoleum professional cut with acetone through a HVLP gun. I made lower profile bows from 3/4" conduit and plan to have a nice black canvas made for it.

dstock

Explorer
Thanks dstock, yours looks great! Yeah, it has been fun working on this thing. I picked mine up from govplanet a few years ago for 475 bucks. I am keeping it pretty simple so far, opting to keep the axle and and surge brake, at least for now. I cleaned, scuffed and sanded the whole thing, painted the underside with rustoleum implement paint and the inside of the fenders with bedliner. I then shot the whole tub with Rustoleum professional cut with acetone through a HVLP gun. I made lower profile bows from 3/4" conduit and plan to have a nice black canvas made for it.

Thanks! Sounds like you are off to a great start, the possibilities are endless!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94