M1010 Ambulance to Expedition Rig

Outback

Explorer
It can go pretty much anywhere but I will place it behind the radiator most likely. Maybe in the engine compartment.

Outback

Explorer
I dropped the truck of yesterday at the shop. Today I brought the last piece needed. He now has everything. The tcase looks beautiful as only a Gear Head can say. Yesterday I received the trans/tcase mount. I wired brushed it, primed and painted.

Attachments

• 538E0DA4-28E3-47F8-87A8-4D41B4F5B4ED.jpeg
    538E0DA4-28E3-47F8-87A8-4D41B4F5B4ED.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 24

Outback

Explorer
So now that the Campulance is in the shop getting her new Trans and Tcase installed I have started on my next major upgrade. Air-conditioning. When I had my Military M1028 I had researched A/C. Unfortunately the unit I would have used for that CUCV won't work on my M1010. So the new search begins.

bknudtsen

Expedition Leader
I will be ordering a Fluidynamics Harmonic Balancer for the 6.2 Diesel. They are superior to the stock units.

I have been contemplating this piece as well. I have been holding off on any engine related work because I am not sure that I will stay with the 6.2, but it seems like relatively cheap insurance to reduce the chances of crank failure.

Outback

Explorer
I made contact with my local a/c shop. They can custom mount a new Compressor unit with adaptors to fit my stock old style compressor mount. They will make all of the hoses and connect everything up to the Vintage Air unit. The Campulance will be done mid week with the new transmission. From there I will drive her over and start on the A/C conversion. My goal is to get this all done before the Overland Expo. The Campulance will be on display at a Friends booth.

Last edited:

Outback

Explorer
I just ordered the new dash mounted vents (which I should have ordered when I ordered my dash months ago). I will have 3 vents as the lower left vent spot is taken up with the black out military light switches. I also picked up the correct glove box unit designed for a chevy with A/C. That should drive on Tuesday. When my truck gets back from the Trans shop I will go ahead and remove the dash and cut out the Military only spot welded bracket the is in the way of one of the dash vents. After that I will install the new vents into the dash. I will Dynamat the metal dash support and reinstall the dash board. Thats when I will take it to the Custom Rod shop to get the Vintage Air unit installed. After that I will drive her to my A/C shop where they will do everything forward of the firewall. I will try and get some pics.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke