M100 Trailer $1000 Knoxville Tennessee

axlesandantennas

Approved Vendor
Hey overlanders, I'm putting up a M100 for sale. Price is $1000. Not looking for trades.

Back story: Bought this from a dude in North Carolina. As you can see from the pictures, it was in really bad shape when I got it. The suspension was shot and the original floor was a cheese grater. No wiring for the brake lights. The original lunette ring was removed at some point and was replaced with a much larger trailer tongue but the ring appears to be the same diameter and thickness. I believe that the tongue was extended about six inches as well. I don't know if the hand brakes work, but the parts are there. There was no tailgate and the front "quarter panels" were rusted out. The tires need to be replaced. One holds air but the other won't hold air for more than a few hours.

IMG_3006.JPG
IMG_3010.JPG
IMG_3028.JPG

Ok, that's all the gross stuff!

Here is the good news: I spent about 40 hours getting this thing in much better condition. I cut out the bed and reinforced the cross members with 3 pieces of 2 inch "C" channel. I then welded in a 14 gauge sheet metal floor at various spots on the cross-members. The floor was also welded to the sides with 10 tabs (5 on each side) and a full width L bracket across the front. I had to make a tail gate and used 14 ga steel and 2 inch C channel as well. The rusty quarter panels were cut out and replaced with some 16 ga.

As for the suspension, the shocks are new Monroe CJ5 shocks. The springs and shackles and U bolts are from my M416 trailer. In order to keep the price of the trailer reasonable, I pulled all that off my M416 and installed new stuff on it. The parts on the M416 are in good shape and so installed them on the M100. No sagging or wobbling.

I then rolled in a gallon of bed liner. The fenders are good to go, but will need a few extra bolts. Not shown: I will be including the 4 reflectors off my 416 (I'm upgrading those). They are in good condition but I'll let you install them where you want to.

Here is what it needs: Tires, trailer brake lights, fix the brakes (or not), and a locking device for the tail gate. You are going to ask if you can drive it home...I would not recommend it unless you swap out the wheels and tires with something safe before you pull it.

IMG_3011.JPG
IMG_3014.JPG
IMG_3017.JPG

IMG_3016.JPG
IMG_3159.JPG

This is a very good start with most of the hard work completed. I would say that the trailer is about 90% done. It's in good enough condition to fix the tires and brake lights and use it for all your home projects, camping, and making your friends jealous (seriously, when I use my M416, EVERYONE asks me about it!!)

I have right at $650 in it, not counting 40 or so hours for the work. I feel that $1000 is more than fair, but if you feel obligated to shoot me an offer, please be reasonable.

Must pick up in Knoxville TN. Cash only. No trades. Will not deliver unless you prepay, sign a contract saying I keep all the money, and you pay 50 cents a mile round trip.

Please ask any and all questions here and I'll reply as quick as I can.

Attachments

• IMG_3158.JPG
    IMG_3158.JPG
    382 KB · Views: 91
  • IMG_3154.JPG
    IMG_3154.JPG
    400.4 KB · Views: 99

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles