M100 hubs to Jeep JK 5x5 wheels

Jonp9576

Hello folks. I’ve seen a bunch of people that put wheels on their m100 or even their m416 to match their Jeep. I’m trying to do this but I want to explore all options. My goal is to run the same bolt pattern as my Jeep, so I don’t need to carry another spare.

It seems like I have three options, if I’m missing something let me know.

1. New axle- seems like the way to go, but I like the idea of the parking brake and don’t really want the electric brakes. Plus the axle alone will cost at least $300
2. Spacers/adapters- definitely the easiest option. I’ve seen prices range from $70-$170, but no actual part numbers. People say they found them on eBay or something then I click the link and it’s dead. Also I’ve read bad things about spacers, but some people say they are fine.
3. Replace hub/drum- some have said they found a direct replacement. They listed part numbers, but then when I look those numbers up I get nothing. Also, do the new bearings match up to the old axle? Seems like lots of effort. Plus, cost will probably be around $300

The obvious choice for me is the spacers, just looking for input on what anyone else has done.

vintageracer

To Infinity and Beyond!
They are not really spacer's they are adapters.

Typically adapters are 1/2 inch or thicker depending upon need to allow you to bolt the adapter to the original wheel hub bolt pattern and then bolt the different bolt pattern wheel on your adapter. With your application being a trailer and not that heavy or weight critical "I" do not see any problem with this solution as the adapters you will need should be 1/2 thick at most. The only issue I see is the cost being 1/3 to 1/2 half the cost of a new axle which your trailer probably needs anyway! Make sure you use Lock-tite on the original wheels studs when bolting on the adapter.

The cheapest way to accomplish you goal is to re-drill the bolt pattern you need on your original hubs IF your original hubs are of sufficient diameter to accommodate the new not bolt pattern. Just a little drilling and maybe new wheel studs. Make sure you drill the holes in the right pattern!

Not sure what your aversion is to electric brakes however brakes are a nice thing to have on any trailer.

Replacing the hub is the least desirable option as the cost for hub conversion is the same when compared to a complete new axle. Might as well get the complete new axle.

Hoghead

Observer
Be warned, the hubs on a m100 or m416 have a huge bore size. Much larger than standard. So make sure you adapter(vintage is correct) has a large enough bore hole in the middle to accommodate the military hub. You will need the adapter to go from a 5x5.5 to a 5x5 assuming you are going to JK wheels

Flyfishjeep

Adventurer
How did this turn out....been wondering the best way to go with very little information available to assist with making just one purchase.

19Rooster74

Does anyone have the part number or info on the adapters?
Can anyone share the m100 hub bore size?

Last edited:

MarcoleFrancais

Hello everyone, my name is Marc and I live in France and follow your precious comments on this forum. I would like to have your help
I just bought a trailer that seems to be an M100 with round fenders. and I too want to put aluminum jk rims on it. Could you tell me your solution and provide some internet links and photos?
Waiting for your help
Marc

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94