Lx 470 suspension

MrWiggles

HI all,

I’m a Land Rover guy, but I have a line on an LX470 that seems ok, except the old owner used the wrong fluids in the hydrolic suspension and now it wont raise or lower. Any thoughts about switching the suspension out w/ about 2.5” lift vs replacing the factory hydraulics? If I should make the switch what do you suggest for a moderately heavy truck. Thinking about adding a gas tank and some armor. Thanks!

tdferrero

Your best bet is to look through the hundreds of other threads between here and ih8mud asking the same thing. For a 2.5" lift, you'll need a diff drop too. Good luck with your 100 series.

lumpskie

Independent Thinker
I would ditch the stock system and install a standard coilspring/shock setup. You can set your spring rate(s), ride height and shock valving to your particular use. Like mentioned, check Ih8mud. You'll get better responses over there.

The Land Cruiser shop "Cruiser Outfitters" can provide expert advice, and sell you all the needed parts.

There is also an active 100 Series/LX470 Facebook group you might want to join. Good luck!

nasko

Adventurer
I am pretty sure you found the answers to your question already, but if you have not... It is pretty easy to go to a standard coil/shock/ bar suspension. There are a number of offerings for these models, from OME, Ironman and others. It depends on the weight and comfort expectations what rate you choose, etc. The actual switch over is pretty straight forward and you finish with a basically nicer Landcruiser 100. There is a video on youtube, as well as many write-ups on IH8MUD, if you are doing it yourself.
That being said, the AHC is pretty awesome and I would look into it before making the switch. It might be worth saving. Cheers and good luck.

CBeckFJ

Any LC100 lift kit will bolt in to the LX470. Couple things to note from my install: The rear shocks are a b**ch to remove. Would highly recommend using offset or swivel wrenches, as sockets will not fit. Easiest way is to cut the rear shock, and cut the hydraulic lines near the frame, then everything slides out. Front shocks are easier, everything comes right out, but the hydraulic lines must be cut or tied up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne