Lumpskie's 1989 Grand Wagoneer Build

lumpskie

Independent Thinker
Drove the Jeep to work this morning. This might be the last commute it pull in the Jeep for the year, to save it from road salt. I'll be washing it and putting it in winter storage soon. But, for now, I think it's looking good... and running well too!

Dr. Marneaus

Station Wagoneer
Drove the Jeep to work this morning. This might be the last commute it pull in the Jeep for the year, to save it from road salt. I'll be washing it and putting it in winter storage soon. But, for now, I think it's looking good... and running well too!

Did you get it put away before the 8" came on Christmas day?!

lumpskie

Independent Thinker
Did you get it put away before the 8" came on Christmas day?!
Sorry for the late reply! Yeah, I got it put away just before that storm... and the 12" we got after it! The cold froze my baseboard heat and I ended up blowing the motor on my snow blower. So, it's been a busy time!

Found an old pic that you'd probably recognize!

imageproxy.php

lumpskie

Independent Thinker
Getting the Waggy ready for its first summer trip this weekend and I grabbed another quick picture. Nutnut, has already found her spot in the back. For some reason, the Waggy just seems to fit in with the narrow streets and green forest.

Bl6SSUeh.jpg

lumpskie

Independent Thinker
The Waggy did great over Memorial Day Weekend. We drove it 300 miles or so and were stopped a few times by random folks who wanted to talk about it.

BUT, it failed inspection. My exhaust weld job broke loose, just after the muffler. I will try to fix that tonight.

lumpskie

Independent Thinker
I couldn't fix the muffler. It broke at the interface with the upstream exhaust pipe and broke all the way around, leaving a decent size gap. I just scheduled a local exhaust shop to weld a new muffler in there. Getting it done today. Having fun driving in the mean time!

vBFkScAh.jpg

lumpskie

Independent Thinker
Got a new muffler for the Waggy. Much shinier than the rest of the rig:
0pIA9dHh.jpg

After 15 years of storage, my buddy's Jeep is ready for it's first run tomorrow. It has a new fuel system, new electrical system (You can see fuel cell and battery box in rear), new suspension, new sliders, new skid plates, updated front bumper, new rear bumper, and new winch. Looking forward to seeing how it does tomorrow.
I9uoCgxh.jpg

lumpskie

Independent Thinker
We wheeled the Cherokee pretty hard last weekend. We smacked every slider skid and bumper over the course of the day. The Jeep didn't miss a beat and we only had to winch once!

FCgwxNIh.jpg

fxBYv4Oh.jpg

Ow1Lyjgh.jpg

kTGWnJch.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz